thanks for those "before" pics

Options
Calliope610
Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
I would like to thank all of you who gritted your teeth, held your breath and posted those unflattering "before" pics. (I recently did it myself - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1243807-425-days-40lbs-getting-there) .

As much as I am inspired by the "after" pics, it was in seeing the "before" pics that gave me the confidence to know that I can do this. I mean, if YOU can do this, well, damn it, well so can I. So much of the support and encouragement I receive from MFP is not so much from "where you are now" but rather from "where you started and how you got here".

I'm sure, like many, I'm not necessarily happy with my before pic, put how can you measure progress, success and awesomeness without the starting point?? So I will continue to proudly(:huh: ) display my before pic and be even more proud as I continue to post my progress/after pics. I hope I can pass on the others the inspiration what was so freely given to me.

Replies

• yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I agree, those before and after pictures is where I go mostly for motivation, so I thank you all who post as well. And by the way OP, you are looking awesome, congrats to you too!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • snowflakeln99
    snowflakeln99 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    100% agreed! It's inspiring to us all. :)
  • jmb6739
    jmb6739 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    So true. I greatly appreciate the bravery it takes to post those pictures. They are beyond motivating on days where you feel like you aren't getting anywhere. It helps to see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I agree! Also, I love your dog :)
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I hate my before pictures...bah *shiver* but I'm glad I've taken them as already after only 1 month in I can see a real difference when I look at them side by side and can't wait for a few more months when I can truly see how far I've come :smokin:
  • MrsKgettingfit
    MrsKgettingfit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Agree!! I love before and after pics, really motivating!!
  • Dougf90
    Dougf90 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    My biggest regret was not having half decent before pics. If anyone is just starting out, don't be afraid to take good before pics and measurements! You will be glad you did later. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!