41 and looking to lose 100 lbs

Options
LisAri72
LisAri72 Posts: 60 Member
Hi I am new to posting on these boards but I have been using this app for a couple months and I have lost almost 12 lbs so far. I have a long ways to go. I exercise 4-5 days a week. Lost inches but I am not sure how much but my clothes tell me I have :) looking for some support.

Replies

• mserrano30
    mserrano30 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    great job amiga...keep it up:smile:
  • ZombieSwimmer
    Options
    I'm 46 and really love MFP. I would be happy to be a cheerleader for you! and I can always use more help too! Please feel free to add me as a friend! WELCOME!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • paleopin
    paleopin Posts: 47
    Options
    Hey there! I'm 25 and looking to lose 75 pounds. I've lost about 20 pounds so far then I sort of took a break for a couple months over the holidays and now I'm trying to get back into it! Definitely could use some support too. What kind of exercise do you like doing?
  • grumblefluff
    grumblefluff Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    WTG...The beginning is the hardest..I hope LOL. I'm also 41, and I've also lost 12 lbs...have a lot to go to get down to fighting weight, but I'm gonna try 52 lbs to start...add me if you want, I've been using MFP for the whole 3.5 weeks I've been at it, but just started getting social about it.
  • maureencmiller
    maureencmiller Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Go girl. It is a long journey but it can be fun. When I was in the process of losing 80 pounds many years ago, I started "taking inventory" in the morning. As you lose weight, you will begin to find muscles and bones in there. There is a whole healthy person in there!

It sounds like you are doing exactly the right stuff. Enjoy the process of gaining control and health.
  • LisAri72
    LisAri72 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I joined goodlife fitness in February. I use the recumbent bike and elliptical on cardio days and they have a weight circuit they call fit fix that I do on weight days. I also go to sh'bam and Zumba classes. I will add you all, thank you so much for the support :)