eating 90-100 grams a sugar a day?!

Options
I eat around 4 portions of fruit a day and this takes my sugar sky high, i occasionally have a yogurt or honey on my porridge but this amount of sugar worries me. I can't believe it's so high
Should i cut down on the fruit? I know too much fruit is bad but just how much is too much?

Replies

• navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Sugar is just a carb, so unless you have some medical reason to limit it, don't sweat it. I don't even track sugar.

Rigger
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Sugar is just a carb, so unless you have some medical reason to limit it, don't sweat it. I don't even track sugar.

Rigger

^^^This.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Fruit is GOOD. Too many people fall into the fruit is bad trap. It's a lie, but DO log it! A calorie is a calorie.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i eat around 300g from fruit and I'm pretty damn skinny, my blood sugar is perfect and I'm not dead :P
    dont sweat it
  • marilandica
    marilandica Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Exactly. I pretty much use MFP for calorie tracking and don't sweat the rest of the numbers too much. I eat a lot of fruit so my sugar is high as far as MFP's tracking is concerned as well. Don't worry - if you're keeping to your calorie targets, it's still SIGNIFICANTLY lower than it would be if you were eating more calories. Plus, fruit is good for you - vitamins, minerals, fiber - all good stuff. Don't sweat it.
  • Mattcx2013
    Options
    Like the others said it shouldn't matter too much if you have no medical reason to cut down. I do track mine as diabetes runs in the family. I prefer vegetables to fruit anyway, but you could always try something else if you wanted to lower your sugar intake, such as oatcakes, rice cakes or natural yoghurt. I think the recommended daily allowance (75g - 90g in UK) is unrealistic considering we're meant to eat 7 pieces of fresh fruit or veg a day! Natural sugars are a *****! Good luck with your healthy eating :smile:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

It was the apples that made me this way...the ****ing apples....
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options

Rigger

^^This

I don't track it either cause it drove me crazy, you can just take it off so you don't see it, I put fiber in it's place.