Weight loss goal for 5'5 females?

Options
I am 5'5 and currently 132lbs after losing 18lbs since February 2014. I know I can lose more and hoping to hit at least 125lbs by June. I was wondering what the goal weight of fellow 5'5 ladies is or what a good weight being 5'5 would be? Thanks :)

Replies

• VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    How did you lose the weight - did you go to the Gym too?
  • lauraashley09
    lauraashley09 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and currently 148. My goal is 125!
    I was about 111-115 for a bit in high school, and that was too little on my frame. 2 years ago-ish I was 129 after I did p90x and Insanity, and that was a really good weight for me
  • tillette
    tillette Posts: 2
    Options
    According to your height of 5' 5" your ideal healthy weight is 134 pounds. Your recommended weight range is between 119 and 149 pounds.
  • lilwanderer27
    lilwanderer27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nope, only thing I did was eat 1200 calories a day and only drink water (8 glasses a day)
  • tillette
    tillette Posts: 2
    Options
    Keep in mind that bone structure and muscle mass will play a role....I go more by how I feel too.. I am also 5'5" and at 145 lbs (yes I used to be that weight and now need to lose another 50 lbs to get there) I looked very thin...and was wearing a size six. My chest bones were starting to cave in at that point and I would not have looked healthy had I gone any smaller....just something to keep in mind.
  • dianalee9
    dianalee9 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my current goal is set at 130 lbs. Although I am not ultimately aiming for a number on the scale. I will adjust my goal as I get closer based on my health and fitness. If I get to 140 and I'm happy with myself, then that's where I'll stay.
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5 and Im at 155 and my goal is 130. I have FF boobs so too skinny just doesnt look right on me. I got to 127 in 2011 and people said I looked like I was too skinny or sick so this time Im getting to 130 and then toning up. I think everyone even at the same height, might have different body types/goals
  • kitlynnJ
    kitlynnJ Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'5 and 5'6.
    My goal is 136 lbs.
    My plan is to drop to ~133 before going into maintenance to give myself a bit of wiggle room while I figure it out.
    Once I hit maintenance I hope to continue with a slow body recomp, as I continue lifting and running.
  • Papaya81
    Papaya81 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Almost 5'6 and currently hovering around 161....having a hard time breaking 160. I'd like to be 140 by July and ideally 130-135, however, I haven't seen myself at that weight in a long time, so I will reassess at 140.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I just found out i'm 5'5 lol I always thought I was 5'6, that extra inch meant a lot to me. But my goal weight is 140-150lbs. I've never been that tiny before, but I'm hoping that I'll have a good amount of muscle mass before I hit my goal weight.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm between 5'5" and 5'6" and right not my goal is set at 140 and see how I look and feel, my ribs stick out some so getting too thin won't look good on me.
  • ZOOpergal
    ZOOpergal Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yikes. I'm 5'5 1/2 and I couldn't dream of getting to that low a weight. I guess I'm a little muscular, just from my job and cycling to and from work. I'm not doing weights. I'm aiming for 145, perhaps maybe 140...but I doubt I'll want to go that low.
  • Shannonmag73
    Shannonmag73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and back when I lost a bunch of weight I was down to about 145 and people started saying it's too much weight loss and that I was looking unhealthy, which I agreed with. Once I put a bit on and was around 155 I was happy with that. The only problem was I kept going lol.
  • chispaza
    chispaza Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and currently weigh 141. My goal is 130 lbs and then I will see if that is sustainable and reasonable. My lowest weight was about 120 and I looked fine at that weight but I know it is just not do-able for me at this stage of my life.