I Need Help: MFP Won't Let me Change Goals

Options
:explode:

So, I'm trying to change up my goals on MFP because my carbs are waaaay out of proportion after changing my goals. It has me set at 50% carbs, 20% protein, and 30% fat. I don't want my diet being composed entirely of carbs, I am trying to change that and I want to eat more protein because I feel better when I do. That's just life.

But I want to know, since there is no way in custom settings for me to change it, how can I?

And what I mean by no way, it tells me "Goals Exercise calories is not a number" but I never touched that and it was that way after I changed my goals through "guided". So I'm really frustrated. :mad: Any advice? Is it a browser problem or do I have to ask MFP for help?

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot I had no idea where to put this. But it's Diet because I like to eat meat.

Replies

• kitlynnJ
    kitlynnJ Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Just to be clear what is happening when you go to My home->goals->change goals? Are you getting two options guided and custom?

You should just be able to do the above and select custom. It will use your current calorie, macro settings, but you can edit them.
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Just to be clear what is happening when you go to My home->goals->change goals? Are you getting two options guided and custom?

You should just be able to do the above and select custom. It will use your current calorie, macro settings, but you can edit them.

Yes, I know there's two. I use custom. But it has no numbers where my exercise calories are in custom so I can't edit my macros. It just gives me the error message of "Goals Exercise Calories are not a number:"
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    when I click goals > change goals > custom

I get to a page where I can input my own Macros - I have my Fitness Goals set to 0 calories burned @ 5 workouts per week for 30 minutes each.
  • sarahfh12
    Options
    I spent my whole childhood being the overweight kid, being picked on in school, and even having my parents call me fat. I tried everything from barely eating to eating right and exercising every single day. Nothing seemed to be working, I wasnt losing the weight. I got out of high school and thought maybe it would get better, maybe now i can finally work at it harder and lose the weight. But I was wrong. Even into my adult life i was still overweight and i felt like i was back in high school all over again. People were truly horrible to me because i couldnt lose weight. I looked in the mirror each day and was disgusted with myself. I hated myself for not being able to do anything about the way i looked. One day i was out with an old friend i hadnt seen in a while and she suggested http://easy-fat-loss-factor.com. I was skeptical at first as i thought it was another scam. I didnt believe it would actually work since nothing else has. I decide what the heck ive tried everything else. I got my copy and im so happy i did. I was like a zombie i read it over and over and over again. I learned so much that i didnt even think was important to losing weight. It’s comprehensive, detailed and customizable, with meal planning, specific weight loss strategies, different levels of workout routines and many varied weight loss recipes. The program doesn’t waste time with ineffective exercises and highlights high intensity interval training, the most effective kind of exercise for losing weight. I lost 85 lbs and im so happy with myself. I can finally look in the mirror and like what i see. When im out with my friends i get men asking me out for a change. I would recommnend this to everyone who is struggling to lose weight. It worked for me and i know itll work for you too. Good luck on your journey just remember to never give up even when you think nothing will work.
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    It must have been a bug, because now I can finally change what I want.