For females 5'7-5'8

Options
2»

Replies

• kuolo
    kuolo Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Wow, my lbm is around 120! I'm 5'7". Aiming for about 147.

I have been that low but only when I was anorexic.
  • ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    When I was in H.S. I was @145 at 5'8" with a very slender, athletic swimmers build. At 21 I was 163 and remember feeling huge. But over 30 the lowest weight I achieved was 164 and I felt with another 5# gone, I would be happy with that. I fit easily into size 8 everything and was nicely toned and in it's place.

For me, I don't think I'd ever get below 159-160, but I do know some people's frames are smaller and I have seen some (not all) people at 5'8" and in the 120s and the are certainly slim, but not grossly so.
  • juliafromrf
    juliafromrf Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8'' and now at roughly 138 lbs (62,5 kg). I'd love to go down to 125 lbs but I'm not sure if this is maintainable for me. Even at my current weight people I talk to doubt that I'm above 130, I've got quite a thigh gap and my ribs and hip bones are sticking out. It all comes down to frame size in my opinion. I am really large framed so my bones are showing even at a higher weight.
    I like the skinny look though and would like to go lower and just see how it looks.
    The skinniest I've ever been was when I was 13 (5'6.5'' at that time), and at 103 lbs after losing 25 lbs in a very short time due to a very restrictive diet. Don't want to go back to that weight, that's for sure.
  • telepneff
    telepneff Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and before I had my baby I was naturally between 115-120. I was happy with that. I ate what I wanted and didn't exercise, it was just my natural size
    I assume that age had something to do with this because this was when I was 17-21. I started putting on weight at 22 so started eating right and exercising, got my weight back down then fell pregnant.
    My boy is now a year old, I'm 144 lbs and aiming to get to 126 lbs. Would love to get back to 115-120 but I just don't know how easy that would be to reach or maintain as I'm getting older.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Do any of you happen to weigh less than what is minimum for the height bracket? For example, do any of you weight 110-120? 120-128? I'd just like to hear about your overall health and if you are comfortable/happy with your size/body?

Pictures are welcome!
    I've been in all those brackets. I've felt fine in all of them. I think how you feel really depends more on your health and fitness then it does your weight. For example if you're active and 130 vs a sedentary 120, you're going to feel better at 130. Here are some examples of my weight:
    120, sedentary:
    179958_10151751504245607_165435170_n.jpg292108_10151751503605607_2077553503_n.jpg
    starting to get active, 120:
    2012-05-20+14.43.59.jpg2012-05-20+14.43.39.jpg2012-05-20+14.42.48.jpg
    Then I took up weight lifting, active, 130:
    IMG_20130125_175256-1.jpgIMG_20130125_175224-1.jpg

Before when I was running to lose weight before I started lifting (still at 130):
    photo.jpg
    notice my flabby *kitten*
    photo.jpg
    vs the lifting *kitten* at the same weight
    photo.jpg
    130lb not lifting vs 130lb lifting:
    untitled.JPG

For face comparison:
    140 sedentary:
    photo.jpg
    130 now:
    2014-03-21+21.34.08.jpg
  • Cookie0914
    Cookie0914 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! You look awesome!!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 135 and just under 5"8 tall.
  • allisonjforsyth
    allisonjforsyth Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Happy to see this topic being talked about! I am 5'7" and currently weigh about 133, which was my original goal, down from 200 after my fifth daughter was born. I weighed 133 in college and felt great about it, so I thought I would again. Instead, this time at this weight (maybe since having five babies) my body has changed and I feel "skinny fat." So as a result, I have since lowered my new goal down to 122, which is based off of the bottom of the "normal" or "healthy" weight range chart for my height and my small frame. However, since joining MFP, I have been inspired by the females who lift, and CoderGal's pics are a perfect example. SO, I'll let you know as I get closer, but I want to change my body more than I want to change the number I'm seeing on the scale...but like everything it's a process. Haven't started lifting yet, and still trying to drop down to my new goal weight in order to lose some more of the excess fat.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Happy to see this topic being talked about! I am 5'7" and currently weigh about 133, which was my original goal, down from 200 after my fifth daughter was born. I weighed 133 in college and felt great about it, so I thought I would again. Instead, this time at this weight (maybe since having five babies) my body has changed and I feel "skinny fat." So as a result, I have since lowered my new goal down to 122, which is based off of the bottom of the "normal" or "healthy" weight range chart for my height and my small frame. However, since joining MFP, I have been inspired by the females who lift, and CoderGal's pics are a perfect example. SO, I'll let you know as I get closer, but I want to change my body more than I want to change the number I'm seeing on the scale...but like everything it's a process. Haven't started lifting yet, and still trying to drop down to my new goal weight in order to lose some more of the excess fat.

Thanks for your kind words guys.

I don't lift nearly as much as the people who inspire me, who have had dramatic dramatic changes. The bolded part above is exactly how I felt before. Except for instead of babies I told people I must be 'old'. I thought it was a valid excuse before. I'm softer because I'm older. I'm saggier because I"m older. 'Butt' now I probably have a better shaped butt then I did as a teen. I also have a flatter stomach. And looking at some of the females in their 40s-50s here that have better bodies then I do (who use to be obese), I know exactly why I didn't feel the same. Particularly thinking about the past. I use to move a lot more in the past (ie dancing 9 times a week), hence I had a better body then compared to when I was older and lost weight to be the same weight...because I didn't move as much, so things weren't as firm. Yes, metabolisms slow. But not as much as many of us think. We can have better bodies then in our teens if we try. The problem is, finding the time to do so! And there's places to 'squat' some of it in without much effort, even if we can't do as much as we'd optimally like. Always time to do a pull up before I leave the house since I have a bar in the entrance lol. And for a few pushups before I pee for example. Unless public washroom...then ew.

Also I'd mention there is such thing as loose skin and the like. Particularly after babies. But what a lot of people do not realize is weight does not come off the same way it is put on. And after training a lot of that 'loose' looking skin turns out to be fat and diminishes after training. My butt use to droop over itself. Now it doesn't (and you can tell by multiple angles in the other pics as well).

photo.jpgphoto.jpg

Another thing that often happens is your pant size goes up...not because you're getting bigger...but because fat is easily squished into jeans. Perky muscular bums, not so much. Even though inches went down. It confuses many.
  • DuckDynastyMakesMeLaugh
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and currently weigh 136ish pounds. I am going to reassess when I reach 134.

I have not weighed in the 130's since my late 20's and I credit MFP's tools and the wisdom of so many in this community for my success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!