What do you put in your protein shake to make it delicious?

Options
My standby is:
365 Whey Protein Powder/Chocolate
Almond milk
Frozen spinach
Frozen ½ banana
Sometimes I go nuts and add peanut butter.

But I’m getting kind of bored with it. Please share how you make yours yummy. I also have vanilla.

Thank you!

Replies

• cloverfield4
    cloverfield4 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorite add-ins:

Pureed pumpkin (especially nice in fall when Starbucks starts their pumpkin advertising barrage)
    Pumpkin seeds
    Chia seeds
    Flax seeds
    PB2 Powder - Chocolate or regular (don't underestimate the deliciousness of vanilla protein powder with peanut butter, I was wary of it, but it ended up being one of my favorite combos)
    Celery
    Romaine
    Kale
    Shredded Coconut
    Oats
    Greek Yogurt (plain greek yogurt with pureed pumpkin tastes like pumpkin cheesecake)

I'm excited to see more ideas!
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    i have a nasty vanilla protein powder. i made it taste better by adding a delicious strawberry protein powder..yum
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Coffee and dark cocoa powder. Add a little ice and you have a "protein granita". YUM!
  • Loss4TheWin
    Loss4TheWin Posts: 249
    Options
    Coffee. I don't drink coffee regularly, so I just do this as an occasional treat. Makes for a decent pre-workout too, for someone that doesn't intake caffeine otherwise.
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protein powder, with almond milk and some greek yogurt added in and just a teensy amount of instant coffee to give it a kick. Too much instant coffee makes it bitter though so careful.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Coffee and dark cocoa powder. Add a little ice and you have a "protein granita". YUM!

That sounds yummy! Need to try!
  • Ripcode
    Ripcode Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Water.
  • VoodooChummy
    VoodooChummy Posts: 53 Member
    Options

That sounds yummy! Need to try!

Yes.....Cold Brew Mocha, Chocolate Flavored Protien and liquid egg whites with ice and blend.
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I don't care about how good it taste. It's protein. Drink if down fast and move on.
  • Aprilfoolbride
    Aprilfoolbride Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Thank youl! I really appreciate the suggestions. This morning I had a chocolate vanilla PB protein shake and it was gooood! I'll be trying other combos out too :) Thanks again!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Milk :)

Or coffee, if it's vanilla flavour
  • DollCourtney
    Options
    This sounds so good!!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    My standby is:
    365 Whey Protein Powder/Chocolate
    Almond milk
    Frozen spinach
    Frozen ½ banana
    Sometimes I go nuts and add peanut butter.

But I’m getting kind of bored with it. Please share how you make yours yummy. I also have vanilla.

Thank you!

Haha think your mistake is the spinach.....you're like Rachel making trifle =D
  • blonditz
    blonditz Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Vanilla protein powder with spinach and blueberries, or strawberries, or peaches.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I just got my first order of protein power yesterday: Gold Standard double chocolate. The container was ....bigger than I was expecting.

I tried mixing in almond milk like you mix a hot chocolate pack....it came out...chewy. :huh:

Execution was fail, taste was good.

But these options all sound great!
  • macrotracko
    macrotracko Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have a gold standard vanilla powder that's sickly sweet to me, so I blend it with a handful of strawberries, a heaping scoop of plain greek yogurt, and some unsweetened soy or almond milk. The tartness of the berries and the yogurt really balances it out. This would probably be good with chocolate powder too - chocolate covered strawberries!

When I'm feeling lazy I just shake it up with some unsweetened soy or almond milk and a tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder.

As for your chewy problem, it sounds like you just didn't have enough liquid. It's most effective to shake it rather than stir it, too.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I use plain whey. I just mix it into some chocolate almond milk cut with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. If I have the spare calories/carbs I will also blend in PB and half a banana.
  • Adrianqq
    Adrianqq Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I go for -

Bannana
    Spinach
    Blueberries
    Honey
    Protein
    Creatine
    Strawberries
    Cinaman

Yom yum
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I usually just mix chocolate or vanilla powder into my morning coffee, but sometimes I get fancy and mix my cookies & creme or chocolate peanut butter powder with a Weight Watchers ice cream fudge bar (mini 45cal or giant 100cal), a little skim milk or water, maybe some sugar free chocolate syrup, and a few ice cubes.