What have you lost the equivallent of so far?

Options

Replies

• branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    A sperm whale's brain :huh:
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,210 MFP Moderator
    Options
    The equivalent of a small bale of hay, apparently. If I lose 10 more pounds, I will have lost an elephants penis... (or the equivalent of...) Doh!
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    2 small toy poodles.
    or the equivelent of like a couple month old baby.
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    an elephant's penis
    or
    3 car tires
    or
    12 chihuahuas !

:tongue:
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    stolen from this website http://www.tokenfatguy.com/2008/01/january-15-2008.html

With my recent weight loss brining me to a total weight loss of 62 pounds, it is time really dig deep and put that into perspective. Really...it is a big number but how can you relate to it?

It's been awhile since I've been able to post one of these. But it is that time again. Let's look at a few things that weigh 62 pounds...
    Canoe.jpg

CanoeThis Royalite Dumoine Canoe is 16 feet 4 inches and weighs 62 pounds once this thrill-seeker gets out of it.

The average Italian eats about 62 pounds of pasta a year. Apparently Italy remains untouched by low-carb diet crazes.

Freeze62 This Sunpentown upright freezer provides 3 cubic feet of storage and weighs....you guessed it....62 pounds

Freeze62_thumb.jpg

The average 8 year old boy weighs in at around 62 pounds. NOTE: To my good friends Mike and Mary...remember what your son looked like at age 8? Well...that much weight.

56 pounds of ice displaces 62 pounds of water.

spacestay Back in the 80's, two Russian cosmonauts onboard the Salyut-7 space station put one of three small Amateur Radio satellites into orbit. The satellite weighed 62 pounds (while on Earth).

spacestay_thumb.jpg

FreakyBurger In 2005, in order to break the record, some cooks from Serbia created what the Guinness Book of Records will call....The World's Largest Hamburger. This monster burger beat the old record and hit 62 pounds.

FreakyBurger_thumb.jpg

The Minuteman I NS-1OQ missile guidance system contains a D-17B computer, the associated stable platform, and power supplies. The D-17B weighs approximately 62 pounds, contains 1521 transistors, 6282 diodes, 1116 capacitors, and 504 resistors. These components are mounted on double copper-clad, engraved, gold-plated, glass fiber laminate circuit boards. There are 75 of these circuit boards and each one has been coated with a flexible polyurethane compound for moisture and vibration protection. The high degree of reliability and ruggedness of the computer are evidenced by the strict requirements of the weapons system. Use of the D-17B is especially appropriate when high reliability is necessary under extreme environmental conditions such as high shock, acceleration, or vibration that preclude the use of other computers.

minbymin_thumb.jpg

One cubic foot of fresh water is about 62 pounds. So says Archimedes (don't get it? read a book!)

The weight of a space suit and backpack is around 185 pounds on Earth.....but on the moon, the whole thing with an astronaut inside would only weigh about 62 pounds.

This guide dog weighs in at 62 pounds...

dog-737537.jpg
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    total from my heaviest=
    *67 footballs
    *67 packages of butter (with 4 sticks)
    * or the fats and oils and average American eats in a year

total since starting mfp=
    *5 gallon bottle of water
    * or an average human leg
  • AirborneEd
    Options
    1. A 19-inch flat screen TV (now tell me that didn't give you pause? Imagine
    carrying that around all day.)
    2. A bowling ball
    3. 2,000 paint balls
    4. Medium bag of dog food
    5.My Cat
  • TheNewJB
    TheNewJB Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    - a 9 or 10 year old child
    - 276 sticks of butter
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Approximately 4 pairs of D sized breasts.
  • Hiker_Rob
    Hiker_Rob Posts: 5,547 Member
    Options
    18,970 peanut M&M's - a large portion of which got me to this weight in the first place.
  • FitnessGirlD
    Options
    check out ilostwhat.com

its fun and it will tell you what your equivallent is =)

here is mine

10157377_246642125523549_2789231133072053617_n.jpg
  • cowgirlqueen
    cowgirlqueen Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    a 6 pack of tall boy's every weekend :sad:

oh.... wait you said weight equivalent not what have you lost in general :laugh:
  • CatrinEluned
    Options
    I've lost the equivalent of a 19inch flat screen tv
  • asciident
    asciident Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Something between the average house cat and a bald eagle. Or a very heavy newborn.
  • sanzza
    sanzza Posts: 60
    Options
    I've lost the equivalent of a night out :tongue: :smile:
  • Sciakath
    Sciakath Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My smaller dog (Yorkie/Maltese/Shih Tzu mix).
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    The exact weight of my 13 year old!!!!
  • Lwillis1234
    Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Just recent: My 2 year old

All Together: Once cubic foot of Water
  • snappyapples
    Options
    My fat cat