P90X?

Options
So i have been reading everywhere about this P90x stuff...I have no idea what it even is.....can someone explain to me how it works and how hard it is....Like i hate working out sooooo much....would this be something that I would actually be able to make myself do or is it just miserable? --I play Just Dance 2 for my workouts now so i feel like P90x would killl me!!!! I would really like to see results in my body but I am soooo scared to spend a lot of money on something that I wont use! Also is it very time consuming? Because I am a full time college student and I have to spend most of my time studying and the little bit of free time i have i spend with my daughter.

Replies

• sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    P90X is hard and from the sounds of things you wouldn't like it. It's a great workout and I love my videos, but I enjoy working out and sweating. I would recommend you ease your way into it with other more moderate exercise videos before attempting this program.
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    P90x is a DVD series. The idea is that if you do it for 90 days, you will see a profound difference. I like it, but I have trouble doing it on the schedule that they outline. Six days per week for about an hour each day. It mixes in resistance and cario and is designed to keep your muscles guessing. The first week or so, I was walking like I had been in a car wreck, but after that you feel great. I might recommend borrowing them from somebody to try them out before you buy them. I know a lot of people who bought them and then decided that they weren't the right fit for them.

--Carter
  • wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This program is hard at first, but with time it gets easy and DEFINITELY works if you work it. =) its a set of videos (12 total) and you switch off every day so you don't get tired of them and every couple of weeks the program changes so your muscles don't get used to the constant workouts.. I love it! but yes it is hard..... but it works =)
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks!! I do want to try it someday I just dont know if I am really that committed to working out to make it worth the money. How expensive is it?
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I am doing P90 right now, which is more of a beginners program. I've gotten great results in just 52 days but it's rather boring lol. I'm also hoping to work up to P90x middle of next year :)
  • midmomike2
    Options
    I love p90x! It's a program that mixes resistance training (3 days a week)with cardio (2 days) and yoga (1 day). Most of the workouts are 55-60 minutes long except for yoga which is 92 minutes. There are different programs within it to cutomize it to your needs such as the "lean" program which is more cardio based for those who are looking to lose more weight or are not ready to go into the "classic" program which is more geared towards building muscle (lots pullups/pushups!). Since completing p90x(both classic and lean) I have done other things(weights,running,Jillian Michaels' " make the cut",etc.),but I still come back to do certain parts of P90X. Hope this helps some!
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks!! I do want to try it someday I just dont know if I am really that committed to working out to make it worth the money. How expensive is it?

The cost if $119 plus tax and shipping. It was worth every stinking penny to me. That said, it will require 60-90 minutes of time, 6 days each week. It's a great program, and those who finish it tend to keep utilizing the program for life. However, many have quit 4, 6, 7, 8 weeks in for whatever reason.
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I didnt realize there was a P90 program...what Is the P90 program like? Is it super hard?
  • HRgoldenlife
    HRgoldenlife Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am doing p90 now with a group of great online friends. Message me if you are interested in joining. Basically it is cardio and abs one day and sculpting with weights the next day, and 1 day off a week. The goal is to stay on the program 90 days and see results.
  • azenga
    azenga Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey love, you should look into Turbo Fire. It's like dancing and kickboxing all in one! I started it for a week and then stopped because of being sick/back problems, but I can't wait to get back into it.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
  • mflake
    mflake Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    p90x is a great program to get you in shape! its awesome because you can go at your own pace. it may be hard the first couple of times but your body can definitely ease into it. you do sweat a lot and it is a full blown workout but its all you need in a day so its quite convenient. you can find it online for pretty cheap starting at 40.00 :)
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I didnt realize there was a P90 program...what Is the P90 program like? Is it super hard?

P90 (Power 90) is the workout that Tony Horton created prior to coming up with P90X (Power 90 Extreme). It utilizes some of the same types of exercises, combines alternating strength training and cardio (with yoga) and has two different levels for when you gain strength and cardiovascular fitness. It's a good basic program and will get you in shape. It does, however, lack the variety of P90X.