weight gainers

kaitlyn1818
kaitlyn1818 Posts: 8
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
Hi my name is Kaitlyn. I signed up I think a week ago or something like that. I'm 28 weeks pregnant and I've had a lot of trouble gaining weight. I have a fabulous metabolism and I rarely feel hungry where I would even eat 2000 calories in one day. I set up my goal weight and it suggested eating 2100 calories in one day. I find that crazy because I have a hard time eating that much food. I have to eat two breakfasts, two lunches and two dinners. It's crazy I guess my stomach can't digest a lot of food at one time. But i've managed to make the suggested calorie intake and it actually is working great!! I'm actually gaining one pound a week so i really like this website.

Replies

• Hey Kaitlyn! First, congrats on your baby-to-be!!! Second, welcome to the MFP site!! And third, congrats on the weight-gain working!

I'm on here to gain weight too (but that's cause I'm scrawny and want to bulk up), and it's been hard eating as many calories as I need to as well. I think the "correct" way to do it is to eat multiple times a day (5 or 6 meals), but because of the crazy holiday schedule, I've been eating 2 or 3 meals a day that have a ridiculous amount of calories in them. Like there's this prime rib sub at Quiznos that has almost 1100 calories in it. I'll eat that, plus a few snacks, for a meal and that helps me get to my goal.

Good luck, and congrats again!
  • Yeah. I found eating 6 times a day helps too. I mainly eat all my meals at home. I kind of got into a cooking thing when I got pregnant and had to eat more than just ramen. I hardly ever eat ramen now! It's kind of hard being "fat" My joints can't take it and there are just so few people that can relate because everybody I know has never been under 110 so they think i'm crazy and the weight is fine, but my knees and ankles and feet don't say that.
This discussion has been closed.