Zumba Question for the committed Zumbeasts

Options
I've been looking in to starting Zumba DVD's at home and need help deciding which is a good beginners DVD and where I can b uy it rather than order online. Suggestions would be appreciated! I know I can also youtube Zumba videos but I have terrible internet speed at home/a POS laptop so I'd prefer to be able to go to a store and buy a DVD - thanks!!

Replies

• lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    LOL at Zumbeast. I guess I am a Zumbeast, but I only take live classes, so I can't help much. I will say that I've heard the later videos are better than the earlier ones, though.
    Check videofitness.com for reviews.

http://www.videofitness.com/instructors/perez.php
  • SNLover87
    SNLover87 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If you have a wii or other game console you can use that to play - that's how I get my zumba fix :)
  • jjsemm
    jjsemm Posts: 3
    Options
    I love my XBox One Zumba. It's interactive and has tons of class options. When I travel, which is a lot lately, I find one on YouTube. As an FYI, I think I push myself harder in classes, versus a video of any type.
  • MrsV1983
    MrsV1983 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I co-sign a previous response - if you have a gaming system, you should get that version of Zumba (like for Wii or Xbox Kinect or PlayStation Move). I recently bought Zumba Core for the Wii (from Groupon for like $15) and I love it.

If you don't have a gaming system, these DVD sets are rated pretty high on Amazon:

Zumba Fitness Exhilarate Body Shaping System DVD - http://www.amazon.com/Zumba-Fitness-Total-Transformation-System/dp/B002HZ4XMC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397073773&sr=8-1&keywords=zumba+dvds

Zumba Fitness Total Body Transformation System DVD Set - http://www.amazon.com/Zumba-Fitness-Total-Transformation-System/dp/B002HZ4XMC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397073773&sr=8-1&keywords=zumba+dvds
  • KristaPerseveres
    KristaPerseveres Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I do the DVD's at home. I actually found my first set on Craigslist used. We also have a 1/2 Price Books here that has tons of workout videos. I have picked up Insanity, 30 Day Shred, and several yoga & pilates there, all for under $10 each.

The DVD's all have an instructional option so when you're a beginner you can go that route. You can do the regular non-instructional video once you have the steps down.

Love Zumba!! Great workout, and it's fun, helps the time pass!! Hope that helps!!
  • WaKay
    WaKay Posts: 314
    Options
    check out your local library and/or rental place and try out a couple options to see what trips your fancy.
  • Crateria_
    Crateria_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I play Zumba on my Wii U! It keeps me motivated with telling me how well I'm doing it & giving me a pretty good burn estimate at the end of the "class". :)
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    The Zumba Exhileration is a full set that has low intensity to full intensity. Their included schedule actually helps you work your way up. I used this set last year and still love it!! I actualy just bought another Zumba set but have not used that one yet.

I highly recommend this one as you will out grow the slow stuff FAST ;) This gives you the biggest bang for your buck!