Previous Success I didn't see until Now (:

Options
them_and_me
them_and_me Posts: 60 Member
I've been looking through everyone's amazing transformations all the while thinking to myself, I can't wait until I can post my success!!

Then I went looking for some old pics, the kind you bury out of shame and remorse. Wait a minute... THAT USED TO BE ME?! And whoa.. who's this girl lookin' fine? That's me too?! INCREDIBLE!

4f5dd704-8b1c-4f58-b58f-bb727697fe9a.jpg

I know - that was 2011.. nearly the lowest weight I've ever been in my adult life. I was able to maintain that weight for some time because I made better lifestyle choices - biking to work, joining sports teams, snowboarding, indoor climbing and making improvements to my nutrition. Last year I got pregnant and slowly lost the ability to take part in my usual activities. I gained back about 20lbs.. maybe a little more.. who's counting when you've got a wonderful new addition to your life (;

I hope to be posting again by the end of the year with a new success story. I've signed up for Tough Mudder and am using it for motivation to get back into shape for the summer. I've already lost about 6 inches total and 10lbs from my most recent highest weight.

Lookin' for some friends too! Feel free to add (:

Replies

• lecia125
    lecia125 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You were looking great and I know you can get back there again! Best of luck and feel free to add me if you want.
  • them_and_me
    Options
    You were looking great and I know you can get back there again! Best of luck and feel free to add me if you want.

Thanks! It's funny how I didn't see it until now. I was too focused on the number I wanted to see on the scale and didn't really see the success.. SURE DO NOW THOUGH!
  • Samoa_Moni
    Samoa_Moni Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    First of all you are beautiful anyway especially love ur sense of humor second of all yes you can do it. I had baby number two June 2012 I was 215 and I met my goal of 135lb last month. Congratulations on that new beautiful being is going to bring you far more joy than you will ever know! =)
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! You will get back to where you want to be. If you can be a mom, you can do anything in my opinion!
  • allisonjforsyth
    allisonjforsyth Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Nice post! This makes me happy! Congrats on the baby and the weight loss and the great attitude! :)
  • them_and_me
    Options
    First of all you are beautiful anyway especially love ur sense of humor second of all yes you can do it. I had baby number two June 2012 I was 215 and I met my goal of 135lb last month. Congratulations on that new beautiful being is going to bring you far more joy than you will ever know! =)

I just read your other thread. You're kicking butt, Momma! Congrats on reaching your goal and doing it with your family right along with you.

Thank you!
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    It's funny how we don't see what others do sometimes, until we put pictures side by side for comparison :)
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I love your attitude!! Thanks for sharing some of your positivity and congrats on your awesome healthy self!
  • them_and_me
    Options
    Update time! I started training for Tough Mudder in February, which mostly consisted of trying to turn a wheezy walk into a consistent jog. Wow was I outta shape! Here we are in June and Tough Mudder is less than 15 days away. I'm excitedly nervous - I think I can complete most of the obstacles and should have no problem holding a 12 min/mile pace.

I decided to throw on the same outfit I wore at Christmas time to compare wheezy walkey girl to Tough Mudder machine!

6mo_progress.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!