I keep going over my fiber limit, ugh!

Options
My daily goal says it should be around 23g of fiber but I always end up with 25-35. How much fiber do you consume?
Now does this make a big difference, should I be worried? Or am I getting worked up over nothing? :P

Replies

• kwedman488
    kwedman488 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You're getting worked up over nothing ;) fiber is what we call the cellulose we get from plants/plant foods that we eat, that we cannot break down because we just don't have the right enzymes. So when we eat it, it passes through our system unharmed, undigested, and contributes to our health by making it easier for us to poop. That's why people who struggle with constipation are advised to intake more fiber.
  • hitsnooze
    hitsnooze Posts: 79
    Options
    that's a good thing, as long as you drink plenty of water
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I prefer to think of my fiber goal as a minimum to hit rather than a maximum to stay under. Same with my protein and fat goals.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Unless you are feeling sick and/or experiencing digestive disruption there's nothing wrong with excess fiber.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Fibre is a very good thing to go over on. I go at least 10g over every day.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Fiber is good. Get all the fiber.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I prefer to think of my fiber goal as a minimum to hit rather than a maximum to stay under. Same with my protein and fat goals.

Oh, and this ^^^^^^
  • Aubshmee
    Aubshmee Posts: 14
    Options
    thanks guys!
    haha sorry for the silly topic - just starting my journey so i'm not all that educated!
  • Sonicz90x
    Sonicz90x Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!
    haha sorry for the silly topic - just starting my journey so i'm not all that educated!
    More fiber is fine. It's when you drastically and suddenly increase or decrease it that you will start running into problems. As long as you're consistent you'll be fine.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I eat 70g of fiber every day and I'm fine.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Now go over on your protein too and you'll be doing fabulous.