Shakeology?

Options
Just wondering if anybody has tried this or know anyone that has & if so what were the reviews & results. I'm doing research on it & checking everything out but I prefer to get firsthand opinions if possible. It looks really good so far though & the protein shake I drink in the mornings now doesn't really keep me full enough or energized enough. Thanks for your help!

Replies

• seismicmuffin
    seismicmuffin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I will let you know next week! I'm starting a beachbody challenge, doing Focus T25 and it comes with a month of Shakeology. I'll let you know how I like it! :)
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    There a many threads about this on the forums already. The general consensus (because they are right) is that it is an abysmal waste of money. Save the money and just buy real food, and eat it at a deficit and you can't go wrong. :flowerforyou:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    You can look up this topic using the search feature. People will warn you against it. They will say it's unnecessary. That it requires adding ingredients to make it taste good. (higher cals). That they are getting a discount by selling it to their friends. They will call it an MLM because it is. They will call it a waste of time and money because it is. Happy researching.:flowerforyou:
  • Perrybarger
    Options
    If Im going to have a protein shake I will get a real one. Something like Optimum Nutrition or Dymatize. But thats just me.. I do believe that you can get fat loss from the workouts but Beachbody is a pyramid scheme. I got nothing against t25 or beastbody or some of the other things but I dont like the approach and shakeology is a joke..
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I have some fantastic home cleaning products, a bridge in Arizona, and some great real estate investments in the Everglades I'd like to sell you too. Should I give you a call?
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    I will let you know next week! I'm starting a beachbody challenge, doing Focus T25 and it comes with a month of Shakeology. I'll let you know how I like it! :)

Awesome! Thanks :)
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options
    I have some fantastic home cleaning products, a bridge in Arizona, and some great real estate investments in the Everglades I'd like to sell you too. Should I give you a call?

As much as I love sarcasm (and it's my best friend) I was actually hoping for serious answers. Maybe you could recommend a good protein shake or something along that line instead? I'm not really a breakfast person but if I don't have something in the morning besides coffee then i'm starving all day & definitely more tired, which i'd like to avoid.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

As much as I love sarcasm (and it's my best friend) I was actually hoping for serious answers. Maybe you could recommend a good protein shake or something along that line instead? I'm not really a breakfast person but if I don't have something in the morning besides coffee then i'm starving all day & definitely more tired, which i'd like to avoid.

Apologies, I develop a bit of twitch when I try to be serious in Shakeology threads. That said, I'm a strong proponent of eating actual meals, so my breakfast is usually 3 eggs, 1/2 cup of egg whites, a tortilla, milk, and coffee, but when I do use protein powder I personally like Muscle Milk and Trutein. There's nothing special about either one except that I like the taste and they fit my budget.
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Why not just add peanut butter or something to your protein shakes? There's nothing magical about shakeology that will 'fill you up' longer than whatever calories you can put in your blender yourself.
  • amd429
    amd429 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Max protein in chocolate from gnc is awesome. Has 22grams of protein and some other great stuff. Plus it's 1/3 if not less of the price of shakeology and you can usually get it buy one get one half off.

Also they have the gnc lean line that are really good. Chocolate and peanut butter chocolate are great flavors! The have one called lean 25 that has 25 grams of protein in one serving. I just bought a container from SAMs club for $23!!!

In my opinion these used in your AM smoothie as a meal replacement are great! I add 1/2 c milk, 1/2 cup ice, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, honey and a banana and I find myself so content and full I don't even want to eat lunch. The protein helps me bounce back from workouts too.

*i also take daily multi vitamins
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    in…to learn how the ingredients in shakeology are superior to other protein powders...
  • ndj1979
    Options

yes, please do ….

Do you have any beachfront properly in the antarctic too by chance?
  • ndj1979
    Options

eat real food and only use protein shakes to fill in your protein for the day if you feel that you are short…

meal replacement shakes are not a long term weight loss solution..

the only thing shakeology does is make you more poor…

pardon our directness but there are about a thousand threads about this, which the search feature would of revealed...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Just wondering if anybody has tried this or know anyone that has & if so what were the reviews & results. I'm doing research on it & checking everything out but I prefer to get firsthand opinions if possible. It looks really good so far though & the protein shake I drink in the mornings now doesn't really keep me full enough or energized enough. Thanks for your help!

here is an idea…eat a real breakfast and ditch the shakes…
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    in…to learn how the ingredients in shakeology are superior to other protein powders...

I wish there was a like button.
  • SunofaBeach14
    Options

yes, please do ….

Do you have any beachfront properly in the antarctic too by chance?

I happen to have some. Aren't you surprised? Shall we discuss financing options? Hummm . . . do you think penguins have usury laws?
  • PandaCustard
    PandaCustard Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Why not make your own smoothies? It's a lot cheaper, and you can alter it to your liking. You can use fresh, canned, or frozen fruits. Add peanut butter, Greek yogurt, or whatever else you like. The possibilities are endless. Then you can add a scoop of protein powder. My favorite smoothie involves strawberries, cherries, a container of coconut Greek yogurt, a little bit of Nutella, and a scoop of vanilla protein powder.

I agree with eating real foods to stay full, but sometimes one of those smoothies really hits the spot.
  • nikkihk
    Options

Here is your very honest non sarcastic response:

Don't.

Here is why:

Shakology, like Herbalife or Metabolite or any number of MLM companies, are specifically built to pray on the weight loss seeker who at some point feels they need an aid or a jump start to weight loss. Though immoral sales tactics they provide you with piles of testimonials and reading materials that claim hard won scientific studies have proven that using their shakes is the magic answer to weight loss.

What they DON'T tell you is that the only reason you've shed pounds is because one shake is roughly 140 calories and is meant to replace a meal that would an average person would normally ingest 550-1000 calories at. So what it does is create a deficit that costs you $120 extra dollars a month, you could accomplish the same deficit with a gallon of ice cream a week by eating one scoop a day for $20 a month.

Is it unsafe? Not necessarily... however, the study they claim to have completed isn't published ANYWHERE which is a red flag. And they are an MLM so the sales team behind them is monetarily motivated to trick you into buying something you don't need to do something you can accomplish at the grocery store.

You don't need the stuff, save that $120, watch your calories, and in a few months spend that cash you would have wasted on a new wardrobe for your self made new body.
  • TheDoctorDonna10
    Options

Don't.

Here is why:

Shakology, like Herbalife or Metabolite or any number of MLM companies, are specifically built to pray on the weight loss seeker who at some point feels they need an aid or a jump start to weight loss. Though immoral sales tactics they provide you with piles of testimonials and reading materials that claim hard won scientific studies have proven that using their shakes is the magic answer to weight loss.

What they DON'T tell you is that the only reason you've shed pounds is because one shake is roughly 140 calories and is meant to replace a meal that would an average person would normally ingest 550-1000 calories at. So what it does is create a deficit that costs you $120 extra dollars a month, you could accomplish the same deficit with a gallon of ice cream a week by eating one scoop a day for $20 a month.

Is it unsafe? Not necessarily... however, the study they claim to have completed isn't published ANYWHERE which is a red flag. And they are an MLM so the sales team behind them is monetarily motivated to trick you into buying something you don't need to do something you can accomplish at the grocery store.

You don't need the stuff, safe that $120, watch your calories, and in a few months spend that cash you would have wasted on a new wardrobe for your self made new body.

That was the most helpful answer i've read & I sincerely thank you. Thank you as well to everybody else for all of your advice. I'm not looking for a magic solution & I think I really need to get a blender :smile:
  • nikkihk
    Options

Don't.

Here is why:

You don't need the stuff, safe that $120, watch your calories, and in a few months spend that cash you would have wasted on a new wardrobe for your self made new body.

That was the most helpful answer i've read & I sincerely thank you. Thank you as well to everybody else for all of your advice. I'm not looking for a magic solution & I think I really need to get a blender :smile:

Your welcome, add lots of yummy berries to your shakes!! I like mine with a scoop of Vanilla Protein powder (you can get a months supply at Walmart for like $15) and Almond milk.... Have a good night!