Another Newbie

Options
:drinker: Hi Everyone, Cheers and Happy Holidays

My wife and I are both working on getting fit. She has taken the lead and is looking darn good. We own an herb and holistic therapies shop that focuses on health and well being. The best way to inspire people to be healthy is lead by example.

I have been working steadily on building my "middle age pudge" and my six pack from my college days is looking more like a keg. It's time for me to get realistic and be honest with myself. I'll live a bit longer, and enjoy life a lot more if I get myself in better shape. Then I can inspire my clients to do the same!

So here I am. I started at a nice round (no pun intended) 250lbs, and am looking forward to my destination of 215 (I would love to see 190 but again I am trying to be realistic and set a reasonable goal)

My vices: I like my coffee and I love my beer. I know both are going to have to go, or at least be reduced to a level of moderation. I'm doing better with the beer and know I can do better still. Now that the weather has grown cold, coffee is a challenge. I am working on developing a coffee substitute using herbs and roasted chicory. I'll let you know how it turns out.

I am open to meeting people for support, friendship and perhaps networking.

Here's to counting calories!

Replies

• fasttrack27
    Options
    Welcome! And let me know if ya need a taste tester for your new 'coffee'. It is a legal product, right? (LOL) Merry Christmas
  • janetv3
    janetv3 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great to have you on board..............your starting the new year off right...................good luck and keep tracking your journal it will help a lot.................Happy Holidays.............

janet
  • GerryCMT
    Options
    :smile: Thanks for the welcome Marc and Janet. Absolutely it will be legal Marc, and hopeful have a good stimulant affect like coffee. Incredible things can be done with herbs. I'll keep you posted.