Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hitting reset button

I've gotten washy too complacent. While I appreciate all the kind words and compliments from friends and family, the ability to shop in regular stores, along with the fact that I feel terrific have all contributed to me getting to "comfortable"

I'm taking more days off at the gym, I'm going out with friends and drinking more frequently, my logging sucks, I'm not shopping for and preparing food properly and I have not lost nearly as much weight as I should have (89lbs since 2/1/13) only 16lbs since august. I have lost inches, I have gained tons of strength but at the end of the day I need to see the numbers 200& something for my own sanity.

Therefore I have updated my ticker to 0lbs lost in an effort to regain that enthusiasm I used to have when I was moving that thing on a weekly basis. I set a goal on 2/1/13 to be in the best shape of my life by my 40th birthday (April 2015) being realistic I gave myself 2 years and 2 months. One year is gone and now I have to absolutely kill it this year to reach my goals. Wish me luck folks I need it.

If you have been in a similar situation please offer your wisdom I'd love to hear it.

Thanks

MG

Replies

• gettinmeback143
    gettinmeback143 Posts: 12 Member
    I wish you the best!! You can do this!
  • DavidSTC
    DavidSTC Posts: 173 Member
    Good luck.

I was sputtering with intermittent weight loss for more than a year until I a) Measured and logged all intake, and b) stayed as active as possible. That meant not sitting on my butt when I got home from work. I usually work out once in the morning and exercise somehow when I get home, unless I have to go out and help coach my kid's sports team, in which case I'm staying active anyway. On the weekend, I'm almost always on my feet. I now eat 2,150 calories a day and burn fat every week as I approach my goal weight.

Sounds like you're going to turn things around again. Great job on your success so far.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Good Luck!

You can do it!
  • NYJetsGRL
    NYJetsGRL Posts: 1 Member
    Good luck! One day at a time!
  • mgorham13
    mgorham13 Posts: 168 Member
    Thanks, I do appreciate the support
  • Fitasticme
    Fitasticme Posts: 44 Member
    Good luck. You can do it! I've been up and down a lot for a while. I get derailed quite easily when obstacles get in the way. Today i took the time to work out and do some extra stretching. I really needed it. I think the trick is to find some type of exercise that either really gets you motivated or to find a group of people that do some type of exercise regularly whether it's a sport, workout vid, or gym and stick together to get that motivation and each other's support in person. Maybe working out first thing in the morning will help if you get it out of the way and then you don't have to worry about it. I used to do this and probably should do it again. Do whatever works for you though.
  • acb2144
    acb2144 Posts: 34
    I love your enthusiasm for your "Reset"! It's contagious!
    The same will happen to me, except more quickly: if I see the least progress, I'll get complacent or downright self-sabotaging pretty quickly. I've got to find a way to short-circuit that mechanism and let myself settle into strong, positive behavior for the long run. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • georgiefear
    georgiefear Posts: 11 Member
    I always say start with forgiving yourself for getting off track. Put it behind you and look for one concrete thing to get back into the habit of doing. Maybe it's recording what you eat. Every day, form that habit again. THEN, look at another habit like the gym... or macro/calorie target... but do one thing first.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    It's all a part of the journey. It's not always a one stop to one stop train. Sometimes you slow down and smell the flowers and enjoy your success for a bit. You can get burnt out, especially if you made major changes. Embrace the time you've spent enjoying yourself, then decide when you're ready to focus again, or try more slowly if you're burnt out. Make some of the small changes you did before. Find ways to stay healthy or to be more active in a manner that you can *sustain*. MFP is a tool, but it's not to say that it's the perfect tool Find what works for you in the long term and stick with that.

Best of luck to you.