vacation?

Options
A few months back, I decided to lose about 15-20 lbs. before mid April. I did not meet my goal at ALL. I have plateaued badly. I'm 18 and on medication that makes me gain weight so all of my efforts are balancing it out. That's ok I guess, however, I am going on vacation with my bf's fam for two weeks starting friday and I don't know how to eat healthy when all they do is eat out. I am not looking to lose, I just don't want to gain.

Note: His family eats unhealthily and pressures me into eating things.

Replies

• hilousna08
    hilousna08 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You will need to make the best choices you can~~stay away from fried foods, go for lean protein...water is good. no soda's or other sports drinks, or energy drinks...Good luck.
  • suejenfb
    suejenfb Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you truly want to get healthier you have to make the right choices and don't let other people pressure you into eating what you don't want. Explain to people that you want to get healthier and if they care about you they will understand and be supportive. Bring healthy snacks with you and drink plenty of water. Enjoy your vacation.
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "unhealthily"? I mean do they spoon crisco and sugar on a plate and call it dinner? Or are we talking Burgers and Brats or pasta with sauce? Because if it's the latter, I'd suggest you just control your portion sizes and enjoy the vacation without out unnecessary guilt or opposition.

Eating out options:

Salads, portioned meat and veggies, two slices of pizza vs. half a pie... etc. I eat out almost every other day, I just pay attention to what I eat and how much. Medium or small fry vs. large or only half a bun... etc, Down an effortless 15 pounds and I never have to say no to eating out with friends.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    A few months back, I decided to lose about 15-20 lbs. before mid April. I did not meet my goal at ALL. I have plateaued badly. I'm 18 and on medication that makes me gain weight so all of my efforts are balancing it out. That's ok I guess, however, I am going on vacation with my bf's fam for two weeks starting friday and I don't know how to eat healthy when all they do is eat out. I am not looking to lose, I just don't want to gain.

Note: His family eats unhealthily and pressures me into eating things.

I found it more difficult to stay on track on vacation, but I kept logging so I could tell what my intake was and so things never got out of hand. I came back from vacation without gaining. woo!