Am I crazy for wanting to try the 100 crunch challenge?

Options
It's 100 crunches each day for 30 days, sounds crazy but it's worth a shot. I just want to see what I would get from it.

Replies

• checomgeo
    checomgeo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    go for it. I guess it couldn't do too much harm. fyi, you will be sore. just finished the squat challenge, still a little sore after the 30 days. good luck. :smile:
  • mjudd1990
    mjudd1990 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Probably won't get much out of it. Crunches don't engage your abs as much as you'd think and it's hard on your spine. Not to mention that 99% of getting visible abs comes from reducing body fat through diet and cardio. If you're looking to really work your abs and build core strength start squatting and deadlifting.
  • Onyxbeauti
    Onyxbeauti Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that info, I should look into some cardio exercises.
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'd try it, I'm currently doing a 30 day plank challenge, you work from 20 seconds to 5 minutes.

Edit to say I can already do 100 crunches easily enough, but for 30 days straight? Whew.
  • jaya_lakshmi27
    Options
    Course you're not crazy! I'm currently in the middle of the squat challenge (: I think I COULD do 100 crunches, but for 30 days straight? You'll get crazy sore. Make to stretch to minimize that. Seal stretch is the best for abs. If you do it right after your crunches, it'll hurt LOADS for a few seconds, then give amazing relief.

Good luck!
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    challenges [almost always] just reinforce poor training practice with no logic to the progression

Crazy? no. Wasting your time? probably

im sick of seeing ppl jump from challenge to challenge rather than doing something productive