is it good to work out two times a day?

Options
Im about to work out during mornings around 7 am and afternoons about 4 pm, do you think ill be burn out?

Replies

• Pastor_John
    Options
    Im doing mostly cardio
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I've done 2-3 workouts in a day before. Usually 1 would be circuit training (weights involved) and the rest plain old cardio (dancing, walks, running).

Cardio probably isn't really a big deal if you do it more than once in a day.
    On the other hand I could see injuries being a result of trying to do more than 1 weight lifting workout a day.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Good question. I often break up my cardio workouts into mornings and late afternoons.
  • dreaming13000
    dreaming13000 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I mostly do two times a day but I had built up the stamina. I was doing multiple 1-1.5 hour training sessions in the mornings . I recently broke that up 30 in the am and 45 in the pm . The two a day seems to wear me out more then doing it all in the mornings so just be mindful of that.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I do two sometimes three a day, usually a couple of cardio sessions and either weights or boxing and calisthenics. It has not harmed me in any way. The only thing I can say about it is if you're doing mostly cardio for the calorie burn be careful... the more you burn each day the more you'll want to go over that number. I find myself burning close to 700 calories in one cardio workout and every day I'm like "If I did 700 I can get 800" and so on... have to know when enough is enough.
  • carewithay
    carewithay Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you can manage it then yeah, its good. I normally do strength workouts 3 days a week before work and then cardio every day after work .
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,689 Member
    Options
    I do "doubles" practically every day. I split my cardio workout at least 4 hours away from my weight workouts.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    i do two a days quite often. usually 90 - 120 minutes of running in the early morning hours, and then post work an additional 30 - 75 minutes of either more running or hot power yoga.
  • FlatTummyTrish
    FlatTummyTrish Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I do 2 a day, first one is only 30 mins of Shred which is all 3; cardio, strength and abs, then I do cardio later in the day. If you have enough energy then it will only do wonders :)
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    is it good?

not imo.. id rather be out doing something else.

running a few more miles will add less than 500 calories to my TDEE.. you also have to know what your doing... doubling your distance overnight is a surefire way to F something up. You cant just go from running 6 miles a day to running 12 miles a day.. I'm not saying thats your plan, but, the cup does runneth over. There is a [(n) ever changing] limit.
    2 times a day 40 minuts of cardio would not be harmfull

unless you do something stupid like 2 sessions of 40 minutes of HIIT with nearly zero training base.Just the type of gung ho crap people do every day.