Nothing is working!!!

Options
I do 30-45min of cardio 4-5days a week, I ride my bike in the evenings, I stay under 1200 calories a day, i drink a ton of water, and I have lost 1lb in 3months!!!!!! I had a baby in October and I have 40lbs of babyweight to lose. I am taking addipex and get monthly Lipotronic injections. I am so frustrated!!!!! I am out of options. :cry:

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    My suggestion to you is eat more ....try scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator ...I do not believe you are eating enough ....please re evaluate your calories
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Try eating more.

MFP is quite notorious for setting calorie goals FAR too low, regardless of height and weight. For example, it told me to eat 1200, and my BMR (the bare amount of calories I need to LIVE) is 1280. And I am extremely tiny, only 5 feet. So unless you are smaller than me, or bedridden, it is almost a CERTAINTY that you are eating too little. (This can result in lean muscle loss, chronic fatigue, metabolism damage, and bingeing due to over-restriction.)

Go to

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

and enter your height/weight/activity level.

Subtract 10-20% from the number it calculates for you, and that is the number of calories you should be eating a day in order to lose weight.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Also start lifting heavy weights.
  • phuckingbadasscutie
    phuckingbadasscutie Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    A couple things I can think of

1 - your not eating enough calories if your staying under 1200. Your body is probably trying to hold on to everything because it thinks it's starving.
    2 - start lifting weights. Maybe your body is used to your cardio.

I didn't start losing inches until I started lifting and I did a lot of cardio and ate around 1200 a day with no results and always being frustrated also.

Best of luck!
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    How are you determining your calories. Are you weighing everything? Omissions and inaccuracy add up fast.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Even if the OP is not eating enough, its still odd how in 3 months she hasn't lost anything. I mean, I know you eventually will stall if you eat too little, but you would for sure lose allot of weight initially, if you are only eating 1200 calories and excersise for over 3 months. Mathematically it is impossible not to lose weight.
    I do allot of cardio and minimal weight lifting. Weight lifting is so boring to me. I Swim 2000 meters 5 days a week plus other cardio exercises such as elliptical etc. I get great muscle toning from swimming. I lose an average of 1-2 pounds a week right now.

OP, are you weighing your food?
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Would you be willing to make your diary public? We can probably give better suggestions if we're able to see what you're eating. :smile:
  • aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    You are probably eating more than you think. Do you use a food scale? 1200 calories a day + exercise for three months would have produced significant weight loss for sure especially since you were just starting out.
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You know, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings here but...Addipex and Lipotronic injections?? You're potentially taxing your kidney's ability to function correctly and possibly damaging it. You really should reconsider your choice to take these types of substances. Plus, you're under-eating. I don't know who your doctor is but if he/she approved your current choices they should lose their license. Two dangerous substances and VLCD equals kidney failure... You should be less worried about why your not losing and more worried about what you're damaging internally.

Wow.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    What kind of cardio are you doing? How are you measuring the intensity? A lot of people over-estimate the intensity of their cardio or go by the calorie burn on the machine--which for women is 20-30% too high.

How far under 1200 are you? In my opinion, you'd have to be way under for an extended period of time to put your body into "starvation mode."

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=1&art_id=35501

http://caloriecount.about.com/forums/weight-loss/truth-starvation-mode

That being said, for optimal health, you need to make sure you're taking in enough nutrients to sustain yourself and repair and build muscle/tissue. That's hard to do on less than 1200 calories a day.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    It's not just about how much you eat, but about WHAT you eat.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    How are you determining your calories. Are you weighing everything? Omissions and inaccuracy add up fast.

This.

Plus, lift weight.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    I don't have personal experience but I have heard from my friends that when they are breast feeding their weight is very hard to manage, some lost a lot; others can't get rid of any...
  • arainiday1
    arainiday1 Posts: 1,763 Member
    Options
    You know, I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings here but...Addipex and Lipotronic injections?? You're potentially taxing your kidney's ability to function correctly and possibly damaging it. You really should reconsider your choice to take these types of substances. Plus, you're under-eating. I don't know who your doctor is but if he/she approved your current choices they should lose their license. Two dangerous substances and VLCD equals kidney failure... You should be less worried about why your not losing and more worried about what you're damaging internally.

Wow.

uh this. plus if you are taking these injections, i hope you are NOT breastfeeding..... dangerous.....
  • kat_howell
    Options
    No, I do not weigh my food. I am just counting the calories of everythign i eat. But i put down every singe thing I eat. I am 5'10 and even when i was skinny i still had curves.
  • kat_howell
    Options
    No I do not breast feed. DUH.
  • iluvmpiche
    Options
    I do 30-45min of cardio 4-5days a week, I ride my bike in the evenings, I stay under 1200 calories a day, i drink a ton of water, and I have lost 1lb in 3months!!!!!! I had a baby in October and I have 40lbs of babyweight to lose. I am taking addipex and get monthly Lipotronic injections. I am so frustrated!!!!! I am out of options. :cry:

But what are you actually eating? 1200 calories in cheesecake (just an example) and 1200 calories in fruits and veggies is going to have a major difference, you know?

Cut the bread, cut the sugars. You'll be in for some intense cravings, but after about a month you won't crave 'em anymore.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    A couple things I can think of

1 - your not eating enough calories if your staying under 1200. Your body is probably trying to hold on to everything because it thinks it's starving.
    2 - start lifting weights. Maybe your body is used to your cardio.

I didn't start losing inches until I started lifting and I did a lot of cardio and ate around 1200 a day with no results and always being frustrated also.

Best of luck!

point 1 = dead wrong…you can't eat 1200 calories a day and be in starvation mode

point 2 - yes start lifting heavy…
  • ndj1979
    Options
    No, I do not weigh my food. I am just counting the calories of everythign i eat. But i put down every singe thing I eat. I am 5'10 and even when i was skinny i still had curves.

ding ding ding …there is your problem ….more than likely you are eating more than you think …

get a food scale and weigh/log/measure everything…
  • ndj1979
    Options
    It's not just about how much you eat, but about WHAT you eat.

lolz….

yea right …so I can eat 5000 calories a day over maintenance of the "right" foods and still lose weights….