Nothing is working!!!

Options

Replies

• kat_howell
    Options
    Thanks!! I started addign weight lifting to my excercies routine 2 days ago. I cant move today but hopefully I will see a change soon!!!
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    No, I do not weigh my food. I am just counting the calories of everythign i eat. But i put down every singe thing I eat. I am 5'10 and even when i was skinny i still had curves.

If you're not weighing your food, then you really have no idea how much you are eating. If you think this advice is wrong - go weigh something that you eat. It will be the most eye opening experience you've had in a while. It was for me. If you are truly eating 1200 calories or less, taking those injections (which shouldn't even be necessary if you're eating 1200) and still not losing - then my money is on you're eating a lot more than you think.

Buy a scale. Start weighing every solid food you eat. Measure liquids with a measuring cup or spoon and then give it about 4 weeks.

ETA: Great idea to start lifting heavy - it's awesome. If you don't weigh your food, you still might not lose weight.
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Maybe open your food diary??
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    It's not just about how much you eat, but about WHAT you eat.

Very true!!!! Are you weighing your food? If you are not you could be underestimating your calories. You also need to lift, cardio alone will not get the results you want.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    No, I do not weigh my food. I am just counting the calories of everythign i eat.

This is the problem. You're eating more than you think.
  • nickiboop
    nickiboop Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi, in addition to some great advice I would suggest getting your thyroid levels checked, having a baby can be one of the triggers for hypothyroidism...

nothing worked for me until I was diagnosed (v low calories and exercise was making me ill!) and then I lost 2 stone
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I started addign weight lifting to my excercies routine 2 days ago. I cant move today but hopefully I will see a change soon!!!

Have you started weighing your food?

adding in extra exercise (even weight lifting) will help but you really need to weigh your food...
  • kat_howell
    Options
    I eat healthy. I eat oatmeal or fruit for breakfast. A salad or soup for lunch, and usually chicken and veggies for dinner. No sodas, no sweets.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

really??? how many times are you going to put this down and be proven wrong time and time again...

The definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result....

*puts on tinfoil hat*
  • gypsy_spirit
    Options
    I eat healthy. I eat oatmeal or fruit for breakfast. A salad or soup for lunch, and usually chicken and veggies for dinner. No sodas, no sweets.

If you don't weigh your food - you still can be overeating. Even on healthy foods. Buy a scale.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

You can eat healthy and still consume too many calories. I would invest in a food scale to see just how much you're really eating.
  • kat_howell
    Options
    Thanks!! I actually made an appt with an endocrinologist in a couple weeks for testing. I had a very difficult pregnancy. I had to have a blood infusion and then go in 3 days a week for iron infusions. I am afraid that may have caused problems. I gotta do somethign because i refuse to stay fat!!!!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

does not matter….your calorie counts can still be off and you would not lose ..

if you eat "healthy" food at maintenance you will maintain, and not lose.

get a food scale…weight/log/measure everything..

why did you ask for advice if you are just going to argue with it????
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    OP:
    Considering the medical side of things…you should be chatting with your doctor and not randoms on the internet.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Very true!!!! Are you weighing your food? If you are not you could be underestimating your calories. You also need to lift, cardio alone will not get the results you want.

if it is not about how much you eat then what is the point of weighing?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    No, I do not weigh my food. I am just counting the calories of everythign i eat. But i put down every singe thing I eat. I am 5'10 and even when i was skinny i still had curves.

If you're not weighing your food, then you really have no idea how much you are eating. If you think this advice is wrong - go weigh something that you eat. It will be the most eye opening experience you've had in a while. It was for me. If you are truly eating 1200 calories or less, taking those injections (which shouldn't even be necessary if you're eating 1200) and still not losing - then my money is on you're eating a lot more than you think.

Buy a scale. Start weighing every solid food you eat. Measure liquids with a measuring cup or spoon and then give it about 4 weeks.

ETA: Great idea to start lifting heavy - it's awesome. If you don't weigh your food, you still might not lose weight.

This. Also don't forget to log weekends, drinks, condiments, etc.

If you find that you truly are eating 1200 calories and not losing get tested for medical issues like hypothyroid, insulin resistance, etc.
  • gypsy_spirit
    Options
    Thanks!! I actually made an appt with an endocrinologist in a couple weeks for testing. I had a very difficult pregnancy. I had to have a blood infusion and then go in 3 days a week for iron infusions. I am afraid that may have caused problems. I gotta do somethign because i refuse to stay fat!!!!!

Buy a food scale. Weigh your food. Stay in a calorie deficit. Lose weight.
  • kat_howell
    Options
    Is there something out there that will tell me how much certain things should weigh??
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

This is good. There may be some other medical stuff going on and if that's the case no one here is going to be able to properly advise.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Is there something out there that will tell me how much certain things should weigh??

ehhh?