• kitlynnJ
    kitlynnJ Posts: 78 Member
    Options
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    A serving size of raw fruit or veggies is 85 grams

A serving size of uncooked pasta is 2 oz

A serving size of meat is 4 oz raw (which is a tiny amount)

Most other things will have the serving size in grams on the back at the top of the nutrition info.
  • kat_howell
    Options
    Um you were being rude!!! Dont dish it out if you cant take it!!
  • micktbaby
    micktbaby Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I suggest that you research different kinds of exercise. High intensity interval training and intermittent fasting really helped me. Changing things up rather than the same calories every day as well as shorter but harder cardio made the weight loss happen.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • kat_howell
    Options
    I am not angry or ignorig advise. he was rude so I was back. Thanks for your advice.
  • kat_howell
    Options
    Thanks! :)
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Is there something out there that will tell me how much certain things should weigh??

I use this website http://nutritiondata.self.com/ and a digital scale, as well as the packaging on food and maufacturer's websites to determine how many calories I'm eating.
  • younginaz
    younginaz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I do 30-45min of cardio 4-5days a week, I ride my bike in the evenings, I stay under 1200 calories a day, i drink a ton of water, and I have lost 1lb in 3months!!!!!! I had a baby in October and I have 40lbs of babyweight to lose. I am taking addipex and get monthly Lipotronic injections. I am so frustrated!!!!! I am out of options. :cry:

I was just getting ready to post the same question. I have lost 70 pounds since last March, but in January of this year I hit a plateau and I have almost completely stopped, with the exception of ten slooww pounds recenlty. I weigh my food as much as possible. I tried increasing my calories, eating back my calories, and decreasing my calories. I was doing cardio (elliptical) 4-5 days a week. Recently I have added a morning session of cardio (swimming), so i am exercising twice a day three times a week, and I have recently started lifing weights. I am getting so frustrated that I am starting to give up. I completely disagree that is is mathmatically impossible. I have tried a nutritionist and a trainer at the gym, but they only have the standard "watch your portions" which I honestly believe I have under control. I honestly don't know what to do. I would love some advise so I thought I would jump on your post. Anybody?
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Try eating more.

Also start lifting heavy weights.

Yeah, because that's how all those people in concentration camps in WWII got so skinny. The Germans fed them more and made them lift weights. Let's bottom line this. She's not in a deficit. She thinks she is but she's not. We know this because that's how weight loss works.

It's not all about creating a deficit. I'm fairly certain she doesn't want to look like a concentration camp survivor. I see this same stupid statement all over the place. Sorry, but your ignorance is showing.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I do 30-45min of cardio 4-5days a week, I ride my bike in the evenings, I stay under 1200 calories a day, i drink a ton of water, and I have lost 1lb in 3months!!!!!! I had a baby in October and I have 40lbs of babyweight to lose. I am taking addipex and get monthly Lipotronic injections. I am so frustrated!!!!! I am out of options. :cry:

I was just getting ready to post the same question. I have lost 70 pounds since last March, but in January of this year I hit a plateau and I have almost completely stopped, with the exception of ten slooww pounds recenlty. I weigh my food as much as possible. I tried increasing my calories, eating back my calories, and decreasing my calories. I was doing cardio (elliptical) 4-5 days a week. Recently I have added a morning session of cardio (swimming), so i am exercising twice a day three times a week, and I have recently started lifing weights. I am getting so frustrated that I am starting to give up. I completely disagree that is is mathmatically impossible. I have tried a nutritionist and a trainer at the gym, but they only have the standard "watch your portions" which I honestly believe I have under control. I honestly don't know what to do. I would love some advise so I thought I would jump on your post. Anybody?

READ ABOVE!!! Answered up there ^^^
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options

If I were you, I'd start my own post.
  • kitlynnJ
    kitlynnJ Posts: 78 Member
    Options

You should make your own thread instead of trying to hijack someone elses :)
    Also: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    and: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
  • CariS001
    CariS001 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    No, I do not weigh my food. I am just counting the calories of everythign i eat. But i put down every singe thing I eat. I am 5'10 and even when i was skinny i still had curves.

ding ding ding …there is your problem ….more than likely you are eating more than you think …

get a food scale and weigh/log/measure everything…

THIS! And, I would also suggest switching to HIIT training over steady state cardio, and keeping up with the weight training. I like metabolic training when it comes to weights, with heavy, compound lifts.
  • kat_howell
    Options
    OMG, I posted a very similar post bc I wasn't losing and I was running so often and under my calorie goal. MFP friends told me to up my calories to 1500 as my base! IT WORKED, all of a sudden it started melting off. EAT MORE!
    Thanks!!
  • swaymyway
    swaymyway Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    You seem to be relucant to weigh your food - it's been the main bit of advice giving in this thread but you seem to keep skirting around it so I think people are just trying to drill into you how important it is.

A meal of chicken, veggies and pasta could be really healthy and low calorie but if you are having big portions or adding other things (sauces, gravy, cheese...who knows) it could also easily be 1000+ calories.

If you are putting what you guess is a 'serving' of oats in your bowl you could easily be putting three servings in as the serving sizes on packets are notoriously small. So that bowl of oats with milk and maybe a tablespoon of honey could easily be 600 calories.

Weighing food can be a pain and annoying and a hassle but it's got to be worth it just to make sure you are eating the calories you think you are - try it for a few weeks (you don't have to do it forever) and one of three things will happen. You'll find out youve been overestimating how many calories you eat and need to up your intake and lose some weight, you'll find your estimates were spot on and you still need to work out why you are not losing or you'll find out you have been eating more calories than your estimates, reduce your intake accordingly and lose weight :)
  • kat_howell
    Options
    You seem to be relucant to weigh your food - it's been the main bit of advice giving in this thread but you seem to keep skirting around it so I think people are just trying to drill into you how important it is.

A meal of chicken, veggies and pasta could be really healthy and low calorie but if you are having big portions or adding other things (sauces, gravy, cheese...who knows) it could also easily be 1000+ calories.

If you are putting what you guess is a 'serving' of oats in your bowl you could easily be putting three servings in as the serving sizes on packets are notoriously small. So that bowl of oats with milk and maybe a tablespoon of honey could easily be 600 calories.

Weighing food can be a pain and annoying and a hassle but it's got to be worth it just to make sure you are eating the calories you think you are - try it for a few weeks (you don't have to do it forever) and one of three things will happen. You'll find out youve been overestimating how many calories you eat and need to up your intake and lose some weight, you'll find your estimates were spot on and you still need to work out why you are not losing or you'll find out you have been eating more calories than your estimates, reduce your intake accordingly and lose weight :)

Yes! Thanks, I am going to buy a scale this weekend and try it out for a couple weeks.