Feeling Frustrated!

Options
Felling very frustrated about now! First my endomondo app messed up and logged out during my walk after about 6 minutes. Then this past 2 weeks that I have started back walking my foot and ankle that I had surgery on a year ago hurts so dam bad! UGH!!!! I want to keep going but it feels like I have a broken ankle and the pain radiates up to my knee!!!! Will I ever get past this! I really need to get back into shape and loose this weight! :(

Replies

• MVY_
    MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Find other workouts that won't cause any pain to your foot and ankle...pilates, yoga...simple things that will help you lose weight but not put weight on your foot.
  • ImaWaterBender
    ImaWaterBender Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Swimming.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Felling very frustrated about now! First my endomondo app messed up and logged out during my walk after about 6 minutes. Then this past 2 weeks that I have started back walking my foot and ankle that I had surgery on a year ago hurts so dam bad! UGH!!!! I want to keep going but it feels like I have a broken ankle and the pain radiates up to my knee!!!! Will I ever get past this! I really need to get back into shape and loose this weight! :(

There are plenty of good reasons to exercise but it's absolutely not required for weight loss. The most important thing is that you keep your diet in check. As for getting back into shape, you may want to talk to your doctor about PT or otherwise how to handle your ankle pain - I wouldn't keep putting stress on it if it's hurting that badly.
  • Kelleyrh5
    Kelleyrh5 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I live in a small town that does not have anything like that. I might take up the yoga but they don't have a gym with a swimming pool or I would do that.
  • GLH2576
    GLH2576 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You are more likely to lose weight through watching what you eat than you are through exercise. For instance, a single slice of whole wheat bread is about 90 calories so a sandwich with two slices has 180 calories just in the bread. That is worth about a mile and a half of walking. Skip the bread and you have saved yourself from having to walk an extra 20-25 minutes or so. Exercise has a lot of benefits that are health related. If walking bothers your knees and ankles and you do not have access to a pool or lake that has a swimming beach try biking. You can pick up an inexpensive bike to get started and see how it goes. If you like it you can always buy a better one later. If you can afford it and want to jump in, visit a good bike shop, have them fit one for you and try out a couple of models before you buy.