I'm looking for someone to be accountable with

Options
Is anyone else looking for a friend to hold them accountable weekly, to ask what the weigh in was and ask again if the question doesn't get answered lol? I keep thinking that I wish I had a personal trainer just for the accountability but really, I KNOW what I need to do, there's just no immediate embarrassment if I don't or incentive in the short term because no one knows.

If this is you too, maybe we can chase each other up?

I'm mid 30s, F, my brain works in kgs & I run on qld Australia time, but none of those things have to be you too, just the desire to genuinely stay in touch and keep each other accountable even over backsliding periods! (I lost 30kg of 45 to lose, and have regained 20kg of it, am wanting to be back on the wagon but urghh.)

Replies

• electrickazoo
    electrickazoo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! I try to weigh myself pretty often, but it's a lot harder to do if the scale hasn't moved down.

Feel free to add me!
  • tairaven
    tairaven Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great idea! I log daily, but trying to get back at the "exercise daily" part though! (Will be so much easier when this school semester finally ends!) Feel free to add me if you like, I love meeting new people :-)
  • essbe
    essbe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've sent you both requests :) I'm the opposite, I am pretty good about running most days, but have hit a massive wall with logging and with not scoffing sugar all day...
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Me!

I know exactly what I need to do. (Knowing is half the battle? Not really LOL.) I'm pretty good with tracking food, understanding nutrition, etc. Its a matter of sticking to it, not letting myself get lazy. Bigger issue is fitness & especially strength training. There knowing is not nearly enough, as the doing is what matters.

I'm 39, and I've made great progress since Christmas. I've done the on-again, off-again battle over the past 10+ years and I really want this to be the last time. Really, a lifestyle change rather than getting lazy & jumping off the wagon again. So I have to stay aware, and keep logging, etc. I still have another 10-15 (?) pounds to lose and plenty of toning needed. I have kids (12, 14, about to be 16) and work. And a grad student, start classes back in August.

I'm in the U.S. :)
  • amberrenee813
    amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm just starting out and would love to have some accountability, too.
  • tairaven
    tairaven Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I was having a huge problem with logging (hence I only have a 25 day streak today, lol). I was still eating OK and still was somewhat active, maintaining, but wasn't actively on top of losing this weight. Once school ends (next week, Yay!!) and as the weather warms up a bit more, I can get back to going to the gym and/or going out on bike rides again. I run from time to time too, but usually only at home on my treadmill, LOL
  • rahul72002
    rahul72002 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I could use some accounting as well. Just started with my MFP journey 2 weeks back. Feel free to add me.
  • sarahcav123
    sarahcav123 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
    I do the same thing for my Dad everyday - making sure he is sticking to his eating/exercise. I am happy to do the same for you.

Sarah
  • JCaT74
    JCaT74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I as well need to find someone - or a group to be accountable to. After having lost a tremendous amount of weight leading up to my 30th birthday. I am now at the heaviest of all my life and have 75+ to lose again. I will be 40 this year and would like - as I was at 30, to be in the best shape of my life. I know what I have to do and have am willing to lend an ear and encouragement to others as we go through this challenge together. I am motivated - after having lost 2 friends to cancer, and another to a heart attack this past year. The time is now to take back my health so I will be around to enjoy my children and my life for a long, long time. Who's in?
  • StaciMarie1974
    Options
    JCat I'll also be 40 later this year. Doesn't seem like a big deal. I recall my mom always hated getting older, is typically a little sad on her birthday and my older brother's birthday. (I guess when he gets older, it reminds her she is as well.) I have not reached that point yet and I hope I never do. I don't think of myself as an age, I'm so much more.

As for logging - do you guys use the MFP app on smart phones? I do, as well as the computer. Having it on my phone is great. And helps me to stay on top of it. Some days I'll put in the day's food plan in the morning, and some days I'll add food as the day progresses. But its nice to have it easily accessible. I can't always get to the computer. I think I'm on a 65 day streak at MFP. For me, I think I'll 'need' to log even when I reach my goal. It keeps me accountable to myself. Some days I aim for higher, kind of a maintenance range for a day 'off' but I still track and log my food.
  • essbe
    Options
    I do use it on the phone but I feel like it takes so much time adding stuff still - it was easy when I ate a lot of processed stuff just scanning barcodes but now I'm trying to make everything from scratch there's a million ingredients to add and I get all ADD about it and zone out lol. I have a no electronics at the table rule for the kids and they growl me if I try to log while I'm eating haha :)
    But excuses excuses I have to start again. Tomorrow! Which is in 11 minutes ;)

Is anyone also on runkeeper? It syncs to mfp, I love that!
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    The most important accountability partner is YOU. Friends on MFP are fun, helpful, & supportive. Your brain, however, will never be logged off and will help you the most - if you teach it the right things.

Build solid eating and training habits. Learn to weigh/measure/log your food correctly. Teach yourself to eat the things you like in moderation. Focus on your health. When you do that - you will be successful.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • StaciMarie1974
    Options
    I use a Fitbit, and when I walk outside will use MapMyWalk. I like seeing the GPS layout of where I've been. :)

Have you tried entering things as recipes? I'll admit - I don't have a great deal of variety in my food as I'm not very skilled in the kitchen. I have no creativity and not a lot of patience either when it comes to that. But as long as you're not making something totally brand new every day, I think the recipe thing should help you out. Once entered, just pull it up when you make it again.

I do like the bar code scanner. Have used that alot in the past few weeks.

I will confess that I don't always bother with loggingno cal, very low cal ingredients. I know they can add up but so far its not an issue. Like today I've got a pork loin in the slow cooker with a bottle of marinade. The entire bottle contains 240 calories and I figure at least 1/2 will remain in the pot and the rest will be divided among multiple servings. I know it can add up, but I don't 'ignore' calories constantly so on any given day its not an issue. (And if anything hubby needs to eat MORE. I think he's cutting his calories too low and sometimes when he asks 'whats in this' I'll lowball his #. Some days he eats less than me.)
  • tattsb4u
    tattsb4u Posts: 30
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me. I am day 22 of logging and I track my food everyday. The more motivation the better! I am 41, married with a 15 year old girl in the US. :)
  • actioncomics1
    Options
    your the person ive been looking for
  • essbe
    Options
    Me too with the GPS map, it's so satisfying! (Runkeeper does that too)
  • shropshirelass79
    shropshirelass79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'm 36 days into my weight loss journey and I need all the help I can get xx