Longest Day Ever

emmaleigh47
emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone else feel like a kid waiting for Christmas vacation ... I am at work and I can hardly concentrate... and it isnt helping with all the junk food, candy, and cookies here. I wish I could leave just to get away from it all...

Sigh -- I know Im whining, but this day just seems to be going soooo slow...

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    I'm with you 100% and i still have a half day tomorrow...i can't keep my hands out of the cookie jar, and I have done sweet F.A. but sit on the internet since I sat down...
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    This is the day that will never end.....grrrrr
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Today is slow as HELL. This is my last day in the office until Tuesday. I'm 'working from home' tomorrow, but it will be so dead that it's practically a day off.

I WANT MY CHRISTMAS VACATION TO START!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charmagne
  • God Yes! Longest 8 hours!

I feel like my department is the only one that is still here. :(
  • bkegurl36
    bkegurl36 Posts: 61 Member
    I am totally with you guys on this one! Plus I have a horrible cold and I am stuck at work until 5... so today could NOT go by any slower!!
  • undercover
    undercover Posts: 138 Member
    Haha, I've been ill all week and been kind of really annoyed by missing out on the nice Christmas spirit in the office, but now I am thankful instead - no sweets and cookies for me all week :)
  • Yes, longest 9 hours EVER!!!! I am so with you!! I keep tyring to get something done and coming back to MFP :-) Doesn't help that I get to see my granddaughter for the first time in about three months tomorrow. My son & family are coming for the weekend and I'm SOOO excited I can't concentrate on anything!! Definately feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!!! Come on 5:00!!!!
  • Tonika44137
    Tonika44137 Posts: 167 Member
    OMG! I've been feeling like this ALL DAY...I cant wait until this day is over...the time is moving soooooooo slow its giving me a headache
  • longest. day. evar.

Really though, it's like the clock stopped sometime around 9:40 this morning, and didn't get started again until about 2 minutes ago.

But you know those hard-to-come-by few days off are going to fly....I mean, when i wake up, it'll already by lunchtime, then when I get done, it'll be 4:00pm. Every day. Until the first day back at work arrives.

Wishing my life away!!! :D
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Ugh it really is.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    I felt like I was the ONLY person at work this week.
  • emmaleigh47
    Well Im glad I am not the only one who feels this way.
    Im excited for the days off ... but it wont be enough I think. I lose my weekend because of Christmas, and back to work on Monday. I am on call tomorrow, but can work from home... so blink and I will have to be back at work.

One sad thought though as I was walking in ... I realized that the next time I walk in ... its all going to be over!
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    The only day I get off is Christmas I don't get vacation :( it is so sad. All of you lucky people I envy yall.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    The only day I get off is Christmas I don't get vacation :( it is so sad. All of you lucky people I envy yall.

All my vacay time is used up too. My dad came to visit during the summer, so it was well worth it.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414

All my vacay time is used up too. My dad came to visit during the summer, so it was well worth it.

I don't even get vacation time! Glad you got to use yours for a good cause :)
  • eva512
    eva512 Posts: 92 Member
    I saw your post "longest day ever" and I was like, hmmm, sounds like my day. I was literally on the verge of tears cuz I couln't wait for my day to end.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    I'm glad to be spending time with my family - some of whom I haven't seen since last year but I kind of wish it was over with. I'm such a creature of habit and the change in my routine is tough. Plus its my Christmas tradition to bake cookies & give cookie boxes to everyone for christmas. Something I truly love to do (especially since I've lost weight - baking used to be a weekly thing, not its only at Christmas & a couple other holidays) BUT right now I've got about 300 cookies in my house and I have got such a sweet tooth - its really making me crazy. I've done okay so far but can't wait to distribute them.
  • lstrachan
    lstrachan Posts: 20 Member
    That was me today - I felt like I wanted to hang myself. I am proud of myself for having the self-discipline and control to stay away from the sweets and munch on the veggie trays!!! (Patting myself on the back right now) :love:
  • emmaleigh47
    That was me today - I felt like I wanted to hang myself. I am proud of myself for having the self-discipline and control to stay away from the sweets and munch on the veggie trays!!! (Patting myself on the back right now) :love:

Yeah for you! Self control is a very powerful thing and I am very proud of you!

I on the other hand... did ok! I took a piece of carrot cake and put it on the top of my bookcase so it was out of sight. By the end of the day I had 2 bites and threw the rest out!
This discussion has been closed.