Flax Seed

Options
KC1071
KC1071 Posts: 14 Member
I heard that Flax Seed is supposedly good for you.
Any suggestions of what to eat/mix it with?

Thanks! :)

Replies

• lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I throw it in my nutra bullet and have a Blast!
  • llogg28
    llogg28 Posts: 2
    Options
    I've used it before! I usually mix it into a smoothie or into oatmeal or yogurt....I found that for me that was the easiest way to work it into my diet.
  • jodie3134
    jodie3134 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I add mine to my smoothies. I have a vitamix and make sure I blend it really well... if not, it makes the smoothie really grainy. I bought a big bag of it at Costco.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I add mine to my porridge (oatmeal) before cooking. If making fridge porridge (no cook porridge) I add them to the dry oats before mixing with yoghurt and fruit and leaving int eh fridge overnight. Or if having just yoghurt or smoothies I add them to that instead. Helps keep me regular ;) as well as being a good source of Omega 3. Linseed bread is also very nice but can be quite high in calories.
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Nom, flax.

I actually like its almost-weirdly-sweet flavor - I usually pour it on my salads and mix it into my cottage cheese. I also throw it into random dishes that I make for dinner, especially casseroles or when I'm breading something. It disappears into the dish!
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    you got to make the "one minute muffin" you cook it in the micro....its a great muffin....you can make so many different things with it...

somebody will give you the list of ingredients ...
  • willnorton
    willnorton Posts: 995 Member
    Options
    Photo by Posiespocketbook
    1/5 Photos of One Minute Flax Muffin - Low Carbmorephotos
    Add Your Photos

Rate it! | Read 49 Reviews
    Total Time:
    Prep Time:
    Cook Time:
    3 mins
    2 mins
    1 mins
    EasternCook's Note:
    Got this recipe from a message board for low carb'ers and wanted it here for my reference. Sadly, I don't know ...
    More

4K+

Ingredients:

Serves: 1Yield:
    muffin Units: US | Metric
    1/4 cup flax seed meal
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon stevia powder
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon oil
    Directions:

Mix all ingredients in a coffee mug.
    Micorowave for one minute on high.
    If using frozen berries, microwave for 1:30 on high.
    Smooth on some butter and enjoy!
    It will be moist at first, but as the muffin cools it goes away.
    Submit a Correction | Ask a Question

Read more: <a href="http://www.food.com/recipe/one-minute-flax-muffin-low-carb-295649?oc=linkback">http://www.food.com/recipe/one-minute-flax-muffin-low-carb-295649?oc=linkback</a&gt;
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    you got to make the "one minute muffin" you cook it in the micro....its a great muffin....you can make so many different things with it...

somebody will give you the list of ingredients ...
    1/4 cupof flax meal
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1 packet of artificial sweetener
    1 tsp oil/butter
    1egg
    1 tsp of cinnamon

mix well in mug and microwave for a minute

I find it pretty filling. I sometimes make a sandwich with it with an overeasy egg for breakfast

You can change it from sweet to something more savory by changing up the spices. If you wanted it more sweet you could add more artificial sweetener and cinnamon.
  • slk_5555
    slk_5555 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I add mine to my Nutri Bullet when I make a smoothie. They just have a slight nutty flavour - not too strong, so you can throw them in to most things & not even taste them.
  • hitsnooze
    hitsnooze Posts: 79
    Options
    there is barely anything i wouldn't put it in. soup, salad, rice, porridge, smoothie, muffins, on its own on a spoon with a big glass of water. damn i love flax
  • KC1071
    KC1071 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the ideas. I add it to almost everything I make now.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I also add a spoonful or two to many things - soups, pasta sauce, yogurt, salad, peanut butter, grains (rice, quinoa, etc.), pancakes, casseroles