I did it - I hit my first mini goal - 20lbs lost !!!

Options
rubysparkle
rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
Hey all,

I hit my first target today of 20lbs lost - yippee, yippee, yippee!!!! this was a major stepping stone for me as I joined MFP after coming out of hospital and being told I had to lose weight due to a medical condition.

I have my hospital review tomorrow and I haven't seen the doctor in 8 weeks so I hope my results will be good. I have tried so hard to get to the 20lbs loss mark because I am so used to yo-yoing between 15lbs lost and then 25lbs gain, but this time with the help of MFP and you guys I have managed to steadily lose between 1-3lbs a week, some weeks I have maintained, but it has been encouraging to see the inches coming off.

My next mini goal is to get below 200lbs, i am now 205 and I am going on vacation at the end of the month so I am hoping I will be going away in the 100's this time. Which I haven't done for many years.
I do have a lot of weight to lose, but I figured if i could lose the first 20lbs I would be well on my way to forming a habit.

I have been exercising regularly and eating well, none of this depriving myself like in previous weight loss attempts and my skin is looking peachy at the moment so it must be doing me some good!!:bigsmile:

Good luck to all of you out there with our battle to lose the pounds. The best part of this for me is i am seeing a complete lifestyle change that I am now getting used to, and I really like it. :smile: :smile: :smile:

I'm happy, happy, happy today !!

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• rubysparkle
    Options
    Hey all,

I hit my first target today of 20lbs lost - yippee, yippee, yippee!!!! this was a major stepping stone for me as I joined MFP after coming out of hospital and being told I had to lose weight due to a medical condition.

I have my hospital review tomorrow and I haven't seen the doctor in 8 weeks so I hope my results will be good. I have tried so hard to get to the 20lbs loss mark because I am so used to yo-yoing between 15lbs lost and then 25lbs gain, but this time with the help of MFP and you guys I have managed to steadily lose between 1-3lbs a week, some weeks I have maintained, but it has been encouraging to see the inches coming off.

My next mini goal is to get below 200lbs, i am now 205 and I am going on vacation at the end of the month so I am hoping I will be going away in the 100's this time. Which I haven't done for many years.
    I do have a lot of weight to lose, but I figured if i could lose the first 20lbs I would be well on my way to forming a habit.

I have been exercising regularly and eating well, none of this depriving myself like in previous weight loss attempts and my skin is looking peachy at the moment so it must be doing me some good!!:bigsmile:

Good luck to all of you out there with our battle to lose the pounds. The best part of this for me is i am seeing a complete lifestyle change that I am now getting used to, and I really like it. :smile: :smile: :smile:

I'm happy, happy, happy today !!

• PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Can I say it again?? Congrats babe!!! :bigsmile: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS that's great!!!!
  • michaela127
    michaela127 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Reesy
    Reesy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    How incredibly amazing!!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Can I just say I LOVED reading your post this AM!!! You sound so with it, and ready to continue down this new lifestyle you have chosen. YOU GO GIRL! Let us know how your appointment goes! What a FANTABULOUS job!!! YEY YOU!!!

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You're doing sooooooooooo great! Keep up the good work!
  • rubysparkle
    Options
    thank you all so much!!! Im looking forward to the next batch of weight loss now !!

:bigsmile: :smile: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hello Ruby...you are the proof that this system works.

Achieving your next goal (being in the 100's) is gonna give you that special sparkle in your eye when you go on vacation!!

Everyone will notice the difference!! :smokin:

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • cbooker
    cbooker Posts: 18
    Options
    Congratulations................Thats great. Keep up the good work.
  • monica5237
    monica5237 Posts: 450
    Options
    That is so great for you! Congrats on your accomplishment!!!!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    thank you all so much!!! Im looking forward to the next batch of weight loss now !!

:bigsmile: :smile: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

woo hoo!!! bring it on next batch Ruby is ready for ya!!!:glasses: LOVE IT...you go girl! Congrats!!!

hugs!:drinker:
    Ali
  • kleimola
    kleimola Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    That is great! Good for you! Keep it up, you are motivating me to keep going!
  • shashod
    shashod Posts: 103
    Options
    Congrats! :drinker:
  • rubysparkle
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your messages!! Haven't been able to get on for 3 days due to my connection being down - nearly lost the plot without MFP but im back now phew!!

:bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!