Walkers, which APP do you prefer ENDOMONDO and RUNKEEPER ?

Options
(... i mean ENDOMONDO ''OR'' RUNKEEPER ... not and ! HAHAHA)

I was using MAPMYWALK and had prpblems with it, someone suggested me ENDOMONDO and it seems ok but I saw RUNKEEPER this morning as an available app ... For all you walkers out there, which is your fav and why ?
(I could not find the music option on ENDOMONDO yet and I have to say it bothers me a bit... )

I have knee problems and walking is the best exercise for me now and would really like to have a really nice and reliable app I can count on for exactitude in data but mostly for calorie burned info.

Thanks in advance guys for your inputs ! :)

Replies

• thejocool
    thejocool Posts: 46
    Options
    ''BUMP''
  • scottyg70
    scottyg70 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'll speak from a runner's standpoint. I much prefer Runkeeper. I've used all three and I have had issues with all three on my Android, but since I've switched to the dark side (iPhone), Runkeeper has worked like a dream.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper or Map My Walk because both sync to lots of other things I use like MFP and Achievemint.
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I like Runtastic for walking
  • windyrobotham
    windyrobotham Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have never used endomondo , I do however use runkeeper. It has glitched a few times on me but otherwise i really like it. I use it for running, walking and biking. I even used it to manually keep track of my elliptical workouts before i started mfp.
  • MattyFTM
    MattyFTM Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I use runkeeper and the only issue I have is that I have to manually pause it if I walk inside or through a subway or something, because it loses the GPS and freaks out, thinking I'm walking places that I'm not.

If that isn't an issue for you, it's a great app otherwise.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I have runkeeper, but sometimes in my pocket it turns off by itself :yawn:
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I was using MAPMYWALK and had prpblems with it, s

I've had consistent problems with the MapMyFitness apps every time I've tried them, on iPhone and Android.
    omeone suggested me ENDOMONDO and it seems ok but I saw RUNKEEPER this morning as an available app ... For all you walkers out there, which is your fav and why ?
    (I could not find the music option on ENDOMONDO yet and I have to say it bothers me a bit... )

Personally I use both on an Android, there are some issues with that, battery consumption and some competition for the GPS signal, but in the main they both work pretty well. The reason for using both is that I have a larger community on runkeeper, but I prefer Endomondo as a service.

On iPhone I've fond that Runkeeper is more sensitive to a weak GPS signal, or when it's raining heavily, or I'm under trees. In principle there shouldn't be a difference but I've noticed that Runkeeper track quality reduced more often than Endomondo.

I find Runkeeper on the android a little slower in terms of operation, and it can take longer to acquire the constellation, but once acquired the tracking is pretty solid.

I find that the analytical tools on the Endomondo web service far more sohpisticated. For my running and cycling training that allows me to actually start digging into my data far more usefully than with Runkeeper. The value of that does depend on how much you use the metrics that you collect.

I use the Endomondo training plan service, which I've found more flexible than Runkeeper. I can tailor objectives, training days, length of plan etc while with Runkeeper you're stuck with a limited set of plans, and for more advanced ones they cost.

As far as cost is concerend, they're both much the same. the one advantage that Runkeeper Elite has is that it can live broadcast your track, so allowing others to track where you are.

Both can synch with MFP, although I find Endomondo calorie estimates slightly higher.

FWIW I've also recently trialled Runtastic, and don't like it at all. Similarly to MapMyFitness its a uite of different apps all doing slightly different things. It's pretty hard sell on the premium upgrade, without a compelling reason to buy it.
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Never used runkeeper and I like endomondo.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper! Never had any issues, and I love it!
  • invernomuto1976
    invernomuto1976 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've used endomondo in the past but now I'm using only Runtastic Pro version for running, it's a very good app. It syncs flawlessy with my 3 years old Polar Bluetooth HRM belt.

Bye
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I like Runtastic for walking

My pedometer recently was cracked in half and hoping to buy another one. Many apps, I am worry it drains my battery and accuracy. Any other recs..
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper - I couldn't even get Emdomondo to work on my phone so wasn't able to try it....
  • pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I used Endomundo for a long time. Now I'm using Runkeeper and I MUCH prefer it. I find it easier to use, doesn't crash, etc.