Recently had a baby, trying to lose weight!

Options
Are there any other moms out there who just had a baby, or had a baby in the last 3 years? I've had 3 kids in 3.5 years and have about 30 lbs to lose. Add me as a friend if you have some baby weight to lose!

Replies

• CSlupe11
    CSlupe11 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have two young kids. My oldest is 22 months old and the youngest is 8 months old.
  • ljb03190
    ljb03190 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have a 7 month old baby girl and the reason I am on MFP is to lose all the "baby weight". Feel free to add me :)
  • reshilious
    Options
    I have 9 months old and trying to loose baby weight as well. I have lost 50lbs so far still have 11 more to go and the pouch on my belly . The reason i joined MFP. Good luck everyone, It's not easy but it will be worth it. Feel free to add me up .
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    You might want to join the group Post Partum Pack :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/656-post-partum-pack
  • hollymccall
    hollymccall Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Im 33 years old and I have four kids.
    I have three sons and one daughter.
    Ages are 14, 13, 7,and 2. Yes, my husband and I started having kids early on.lol
    After I had my last child is when I really started struggling to lose weight. Kids take a toll on your body.
  • jakyeam
    jakyeam Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I have 2 children and am expecting my 3rd but have found that my BMI is too high so I want to loose just a bit of weight over the next few months. Thought I'd try this way so that I can still eat whatever I fancy within reason.
  • Twins_mommy09
    Twins_mommy09 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have 5 year old twin girls and a 3 month old son. I lost 55lbs right before I got pregnant this last time. I am looking to loose the rest of my baby weight to get where I was before I got pregnant plus continue losing.
  • FatMommaMel
    FatMommaMel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a 6 year old and a 3 week old. I gained 40 lbs this pregnancy and had gained 30 lbs previously when I quit smoking. I'm always up for more friends and support. As moms we need the support as we always seem too busy to put ourselves first! Hopefully others from this post will feel free to add me. :)
  • MissyFit84
    MissyFit84 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have 3. My youngest is about to turn 1. I am trying to lose all the weight I have accumulated during 3 pregnancies. I have finally found my groove and have been sticking with watching what I am eating and exercising regularly. Xbox One fitness, Youtube and BeachBody are my go to workouts.
  • Breezy0987
    Breezy0987 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have 2 kids, ages 1 and 3. I gained about 25lbs after having each of them. I tried working out at home and I am just not motivated to do it here. Back in college I lost about 30lbs by going to the gym after classes so I just signed up for the gym again and home this will motivate me to keep up with my workouts. Good luck to you!
  • charliesmumm
    charliesmumm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a one year old and am lower than my prepregnancy weight, but still overweight. Aiming to see if I can loose 10 lbs, and if so, I will reevaluate my goal. I have found 2 friend so far but would love some new mommy friends too - especially anyone else trying to figure out how to continue to keep up a milk supply and cut calories. I'm still figuring that out.
  • charliesmumm
    charliesmumm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thank you for all the new friends! I was so excited when I logged on and saw I had some new mommy friends. As a Canadian, love that about half are from Canada/half from the States :)

Quick question for nursing moms working on losing weight: I am nursing a toddler, so I have been clicking the food option for “breastfeeding toddler, 200 calories” (there is also an option for breastfeeding toddler, 300 calories) . Where I am only nursing about 3 times a day (morning, after work and bedtime) do you think I should go down to 100 calories? When I exclusively BF him until 6 months, the weight was falling off. I think that since he started eating foods, I’ve been doing a good job at reducing the amount of food I eat. But I wasn’t tracking until last week. Now I am worried if I go down to 100 calories, I will lose my supply, but if I use those extra 200 calories, that is enough to “sabotage” any weight loss. Any suggestions? What has worked for folks in a similar boat? Seems like a small amount to be fretting over, but I feel like the whole reason I am overweight is down to very small amounts of extra calories each day, over a number of years, has gotten out of hand!