subway breakfast :(

Options
an0nemus
an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
I tend to like subway, especially when I'm not avoiding carbs.

This morning, I tried their breakfast...and I thought it was awful. Now, forget the 3ish dollars, I'm more upset over the 440 calories that the meal cost. I did throw some of it away, so I can prolly knock it down to 400 but still that's a bit more than what I'm used to eating for breakfast. I'm thinking the problem is that it wasn't warmed enough...ice cold egg patty is not good (also, what the heck is an egg patty?...).

Anyone else have any better experiences?

Replies

• vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    It's Subway. They are straight up liars.

Ever notice how nobody ever calls it 'Physics Science' or 'Chemistry Science'? That's because everybody knows it's science. But things that aren't really science, like 'Political Science' or 'Social Science' they have to add the science, even though they really aren't.

Same way with 'Painter Artist' or 'Sculptor Artist'. Nobody says that. We all know it's art. But you can talk to a 'Makeup Artist'. Yeah, right.

You see, when people have to tell you what it is they are doing, it's most likely because they aren't really that. Ever noticed how Disney World doesn't advertise as being home of the 'World Famous Mickey Mouse'? It's just Mickey Mouse. But you can go into some burger joint that only has two establishments and they will tell you they are the home of the 'World Famous Sausage Burger' or whatever. Usually when somebody says 'World Famous' it's probably not even well known in their own community.

How does this relate to Subway? Their slogan is 'Eat Fresh'. But it's not. Nothing in there is fresh. The deli meats aren't sliced fresh. They come in a greasy plastic bag just like you get at the supermarket. Their bread and cookies come in as frozen dough. The chicken and steak come in pre-cooked (no ovens in Subway). So is the egg. And the bacon. They don't shred their own lettuce. Or make their own guacamole. Heck, the guac has some weird agent in it to prevent it from turning brown when exposed to air.

They got all famous when some fat dude decided that instead of eating a foot long steak and cheese with bacon and all the fatty dressings for lunch he would have a 6 inch turkey sandwich instead and GASP he ended up losing weight. Surprise.

If you're gonna put fast food in your mouth, at least go to a place that actually cooks the food a little before you eat it, like McDonald's. Hah. Ever thought of Micky Dee's as being fresher than Subway?
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options

Ever notice how nobody ever calls it 'Physics Science' or 'Chemistry Science'? That's because everybody knows it's science. But things that aren't really science, like 'Political Science' or 'Social Science' they have to add the science, even though they really aren't.

Same way with 'Painter Artist' or 'Sculptor Artist'. Nobody says that. We all know it's art. But you can talk to a 'Makeup Artist'. Yeah, right.

You see, when people have to tell you what it is they are doing, it's most likely because they aren't really that. Ever noticed how Disney World doesn't advertise as being home of the 'World Famous Mickey Mouse'? It's just Mickey Mouse. But you can go into some burger joint that only has two establishments and they will tell you they are the home of the 'World Famous Sausage Burger' or whatever. Usually when somebody says 'World Famous' it's probably not even well known in their own community.

How does this relate to Subway? Their slogan is 'Eat Fresh'. But it's not. Nothing in there is fresh. The deli meats aren't sliced fresh. They come in a greasy plastic bag just like you get at the supermarket. Their bread and cookies come in as frozen dough. The chicken and steak come in pre-cooked (no ovens in Subway). So is the egg. And the bacon. They don't shred their own lettuce. Or make their own guacamole. Heck, the guac has some weird agent in it to prevent it from turning brown when exposed to air.

They got all famous when some fat dude decided that instead of eating a foot long steak and cheese with bacon and all the fatty dressings for lunch he would have a 6 inch turkey sandwich instead and GASP he ended up losing weight. Surprise.

If you're gonna put fast food in your mouth, at least go to a place that actually cooks the food a little before you eat it, like McDonald's. Hah. Ever thought of Micky Dee's as being fresher than Subway?

english-idioms-hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg
  • an0nemus
    Options
    My major was Political Science :(
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I actually liked it last time I had one!
  • tgrey4
    tgrey4 Posts: 56
    Options

english-idioms-hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg

basically.
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it. I hate eggs mixed with stuff (IE breakfast sandwiches, omelettes, breakfast bowls).
  • k_nicole87
    Options

Science is knowledge about or study of the natural world based on facts learned through experiments and observation.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I have had an egg white, bacon, and cheese on flatbread at my local subway, don't add too much too it, just a few veggies and never been cold, always tasted pretty decent, however, I don't think it's the best choice, I only do it in a pinch as the sodium is through the roof. I try to make my own breakfast every day so I can control the taste, calories, sodium, etc. But sometimes you have to improvise:)
  • k_nicole87
    Options

That's a science :) Just like behavioral science is a science.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Sorry it tasted awful. But what's wrong with 440 calorie breakfast?
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options

Why the frown?

My undergraduate majors were history and political science.

The skills associated with such majors are solid and can be used in many capacities. Do not underestimate the power of liberal arts!

:smile:

Anyway, 440 isn't awful for a meal.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    440 is a good breakfast for me. I normally keep mine around 500. Also, why didn't you have them heat it up? No one made you eat it cold.
  • k_nicole87
    Options
    440 is a good breakfast for me. I normally keep mine around 500. Also, why didn't you have them heat it up? No one made you eat it cold.

She probably got it to go and it wasn't hot enough for the trip.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Footlong Steak, egg white, flatbread with spinach, tomatoes, black olives, jalapenos, banana peppers, and siracha is fantastic. 1/2 for breakfast, 1/2 as part of my lunch. Train to taste town.
  • an0nemus
    Options

Why the frown?

My undergraduate majors were history and political science.

The skills associated with such majors are solid and can be used in many capacities. Do not underestimate the power of liberal arts!

:smile:

Anyway, 440 isn't awful for a meal.

the frown was in response to the responders comment about poli sci, and mostly a joke.

I don't mind a 440 calorie meal when I enjoy it.

My usual breakfast is 1 cup of non-fat greek yogurt with 2TB of low sugar jelly.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I've never been big on breakfast sandwiches. Love it that Subway is open at 7am though. From time to time I'll pick up a 6" ham or turkey w/ veggies. For breakfast. To each his/her own.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

But that's still not Subway's problem. That would be like me getting a piece of leftover pizza out of the fridge and getting mad at the pizza place for the slice being cold.
  • an0nemus
    Options

What she said....

also, "HE" got it to go...:)

Got back to my desk to start my work day and eat...
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Subway, tbh. If I'm going to waste 400 calories it would be on chocolate bars or something :D Anyway, don't be so hard on yourself. Whenever you have the chance, make your sandwiches or other breakast homemade! It's waaaaaay more yummy, you know exactly what to put in. Or bring some snack like nuts or banana ...
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Subway, tbh. If I'm going to waste 400 calories it would be on chocolate bars or something :D Anyway, don't be so hard on yourself. Whenever you have the chance, make your sandwiches or other breakast homemade! It's waaaaaay more yummy, you know exactly what to put in. Or bring some snack like nuts or banana ...

Same here. If I want a sammich, I'll make it at home for way less sodium and carbs, and pocket the extra 4-5$.