What weight loss product did you use?

Options
I get this question ALL THE TIME! I have a couple of friends who are trying to get me to use their products, one is some kind of green something or other wrap and the other is doing the Beach Body Coach thing.

My green something or other wrap friend says that it will cure obesity as though obesity is a disease and not a lifestyle issue. She also claims that it cured her of mono (of course, she was taking the prescribed medication, and her son, who also had mono, was cured without the use of wraps). ARGH!!! Whatever happened to "eat less move more"? Is that really so tough?

My Beach Body coach friend asked me to endorse his product because I'm so fit. Why would I endorse a product I've never used and don't believe in?

So, what product did I use? None. I chose to walk to the store instead of driving. I chose to go swimming at 5 a.m. I chose to take up running. I chose to consume fewer calories than I used. And, believe it or not, I lost over 20 pounds doing so.

That's my rant for the day.

Replies

• DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Good job.You used the "I worked my *kitten* off" product.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    Love it! Right on, girlfriend. Nothing beats good old common sense and motivation!
  • 1948sixty
    1948sixty Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My weight loss products were easy to come by....plenty of water and fresh unprocessed foods...I'll endorse those things any day of the week!
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Does MFP count as a "product?" The information & support I have received here has been worth FAR more than any silly supplement or get-thin-quick scheme!
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Does MFP count as a "product?" The information & support I have received here has been worth FAR more than any silly supplement or get-thin-quick scheme!

+1
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

+1 :bigsmile:
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options

+1

+2
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

This is the product I used and it worked fabulously. Unfortunately I can't make a bazillion dollars from it. Drat!!
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options

+1

+2

+3
  • EreborsPrincess
    Options
    What product did I use?

Sweat.

Lots and lots of sweat.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I tell people that my secret is bacon every morning for breakfast.
  • iRun_Butterfly
    iRun_Butterfly Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Good old hard work and dedication!
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    What product did I use?

Sweat.

Lots and lots of sweat.

^THIS
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I've had people ask me which surgery I got. Ummm .. none.
  • jchadden42
    jchadden42 Posts: 189
    Options
    I tell people that my secret is bacon every morning for breakfast.

When people tell me I need to eat, I whip out my MFP app and show them my food log! It's shocking! Yesterday, I was darned near 3000 calories and still at a deficit. OMG! Of course, the hour of swimming, hour and a half of biking, and playing frisbee with the boy child had NOTHING to do with it :grumble: