Activity Trackers- Your Favorite?

Options
Looking for opinion on trackers. I had a Fitbit One and lost it!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhh! So I was thinking about the Flex, but I'm not sold yet.... I love their website, but it doesn't seem like the Flex is getting shining reviews. I like the wrist aspect since this is my second Fitbit I have LOST, I think I'll do better with something on my wrist.

Must sync to an android phone!

So what are your favorites? What did you HATE?

Replies

• biggirl1000
    biggirl1000 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit flex. There are positives: easy to wear, syncs to phone. What I do not like is that the step count is not visable on the flex itself. I do think it overcounts - this is not true during walking as you can watch the steps mount up on your phone but when you're doing stuff in the kitchen etc.

I did have the fitbit ultra. I think it was more accurate and I liked that it counted flights of stairs (flex does not do this). My carrier broke and it didn't sync to my phone so I got the flex.

If they could combine the conveniences of the flex with the tools on the ultra, that would be a homerun.

Overall, I would not go back to the ultra. I'm used to the flex now and just need to up my step goal.
  • phillipians413b
    phillipians413b Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have the fitbit one. It replaced the ultra. It is a little smaller than the ultra and has a better clip. It displays on the device your steps, stairs climbed, miles and calories burned. It also monitors how well you sleep if you wear it during sleep. It will sync to your smartphone, tablet or computer via bluetooth. I clip mine to my pant pocket and never notice it. My wife clips hers to the front of her bra says she doesn't even know it is there. I periodically update it though out the day with my phone or IPad. The great thing is it also records your activity on MFP so I never log my activity on here just update my fitbit account and MFP is updated also.
  • Dort68
    Dort68 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have the fitbit one. It replaced the ultra. It is a little smaller than the ultra and has a better clip. It displays on the device your steps, stairs climbed, miles and calories burned. It also monitors how well you sleep if you wear it during sleep. It will sync to your smartphone, tablet or computer via bluetooth. I clip mine to my pant pocket and never notice it. My wife clips hers to the front of her bra says she doesn't even know it is there. I periodically update it though out the day with my phone or IPad. The great thing is it also records your activity on MFP so I never log my activity on here just update my fitbit account and MFP is updated also.

This.
  • lauragibson888
    lauragibson888 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I loved my Ultra and upgraded to the ONE when it was lost.... but now the ONE is lost too. I have no one to blame but myself! So I'm, thinking a wrist band tracker would work better. Something that doesn't clip to my clothes.

Does anyone have a non-fitbit tracker they like? There are just so many to choose from!
  • omtwf
    omtwf Posts: 1
    Options
    I've had a Bodymedia Fit for a few weeks and I'm kind of obsessed with it. Some days (like today, when i accidentally leave it at home) or on Saturdays (my lazy day) I don't wear it, but most days it's on my arm and I LOVE IT. It's the only thing I've found that includes your BMR and it seemed like it might be more accurate since (I think?) the other trackers only go on your waistband or something?
  • alienrite
    alienrite Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One (replaced my Fitbit Ultra and was a great upgrade) and really enjoy it. It is an activity tracker and not a training aid though (use a HRM for training). It is pretty consistent but it needs to be anchored to your trunk because if I keep in in my pocket, the jostling gives me too many steps. I have worn mine for more than a year and it keeps me focused.
  • lauragibson888
    Options
    I had a body bugg when they first came out. I didn't like wearing it all the time (when at work or dressed up, etc) and found I wasn't getting much use out of it. At the time their website was TERRIBLE, but it seems like Bodymedia has taken that over. What I really don't like is they charge you a monthly subscription to access your data! I really like you don't have to pay a monthly fee for fit bit.

I see a lot of people use the Nike Fuel band, anyone have an opinion on those?
  • lauragibson888
    Options
    Geez, just saw the price tag on the Fuel! Not going down that road!
    Anyone else have input?
  • eversosquidly
    eversosquidly Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I really love my Flex. I do have a Polar HRM for when I go out like..seriously walking. That's only because I think the Flex decides that the calories burned are a little higher than what my HRM decides. Otherwise, I really love my Flex. I think that the simplicity of the bracelet is fantastic. I don't lose my Flex. I can barely tell that it's on my wrist most of the time. Since it's black, it looks like a bracelet.

The downsides of the Flex? If I sit in a rocking chair, it racks up thousands of steps. I don't even think about it. A few minutes ago I went to check my Flex on a day where I've done very little moving around and somehow had 3.5k steps. 2,000 were from rocking in our recliner. So keep that in mind. Otherwise, for most of the time, the Flex is a fantastic tool. Just remember that everything has flaws. I think the Flex is more of an 'awareness' tool than a workout tool. It keeps me aware of how much I've moved during the day. And my family can all link to my flex from their phones, so everyone gets in on the fun of how many steps I've taken during the day. That can be a good thing or a bad thing sometimes. Hahaha. (My phone died, so I borrowed phones once to continue to use my Flex on them.)
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit one....keeps me motivated to be more active.
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    The Fitbit Flex has inspired me to ramp up my activity level from very occasionally active to active every day (typically for 90 minutes/day). Since I got mine in mid-May, there have only been about five days that I haven't achieved my daily goals (which keep increasing). I can't say enough great things about my Flex. I love it.
  • pietagoras
    Options
    I use my iPhone 5S as the mobile track in stead of the fitbit one. The phone is more accurate.
  • ChristineLavi
    ChristineLavi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My Husband and I both have the FitBit Flex and I love it! If I have not hit my goals in steps I start walking laps in my basement until I do, or job in place and if I see my husband is gaining on my steps or ahead of me in sits, I just "step" it up to beat or keep a head of him.
    This Flex keeps me aware of what I have done or have not done through out the day
  • AnitaCRice
    AnitaCRice Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit One. I was worried about losing it, so I clip it to the middle of my bra most of the time instead of to my pants. That way, I don't hit it on something. That seems to have worked very well for me so far!

I've not tried another brand, as this is my first fitness tracker.
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit one which I clip to the inside of my bra. I love it. I also have a hrm which I use for non-step workouts
  • mcblevins
    mcblevins Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Force and I love it. It has taken a beating so far as I am by no means easy on equipment. I like the fact that I can watch it count my steps, stairs, and calories as I move around during the day.

I like the interface on the website, or I am just used to it now. My favorite part is the competition that I have with other fitbit users. Twice this week I have gotten up twice and went and did stuff because some one lovingly "trash" talked me.

The ability to link it to MFP is great. I do all my food tracking through MFP and use the Fitbit to count my steps/work-out calories.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!