breakfast in a diner, any suggestions?

Options
I have to eat breakfast at a diner this morning. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be the healthy choice. I want a big waffle, but I know that is not a healthy choice.
Thanks,
MK

Replies

• mamakitty
    mamakitty Posts: 249
    Options
    I have to eat breakfast at a diner this morning. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be the healthy choice. I want a big waffle, but I know that is not a healthy choice.
    Thanks,
    MK
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    yeah sure, egg white omlete if they can, tell them no oil or at least light oil. Veggies too, lots of veggies. Ahh, what else, whole wheat toast, ahh, see if they have any fruit, maybe special K (usually most diners have those single serving breakfast boxes). I guess oatmeal is ok if they have it, but not knowing what type they are serving you hurts that a little. Just stay away from the bacon and sausage, egg yokes and the carbo-food glut thing (pancakes, waffles, french toast...etc)
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    My favorite diner meal is an egg-white veggie omlette with dry wheat toast (I usually just put some jam on it)....and maybe a side of fruit instead of the potatoes...or if you want the potatoes, just eat a few bites. It will actually be a pretty filling meal for fairly low calories. Just be sure to account for some oil in your journal for the "griddle grease" since they cook everything on the same oiled griddle! :)
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    oh sigh. Alas. I miss greasy hashed browns, white toast, and scrambled eggs with cheese!!!!
  • sdjurek
    sdjurek Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    OATMEAL with fruit!