HMR participant looking for other myfitnesspal members

Options
Hello

I have been on myfitnesspal for awhile but I recently started the HMR (Health Management Resources) program. I am looking for anyone else also doing HMR who may want to be "friends" on here to share stories, receipes, ideas, thoughts, etc as we go through the program together.

I started HMR on Jan 12, 2013 and as of last night (2-20-13) I am down 24 pounds. I am happy with that but am hoping to getting some better numbers and increase that total of pounds down before the losses diminish to 1 - 2 pounds every week. I enjoy the program and am not tired of it yet. I currently am doing decision free shakes only. Holding out for entrees for as long as I can. Haven't gone "out of the box" once and I am extremely proud of that because there have been plenty of temptations.

Message me if you might want to be friends.

Thanks.

Replies

• april9304
    april9304 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am very curious if you're still doing the HMR diet? I have been wanting to give it a try but my biggest fear is losing a bunch of weight and gaining it all back because there's a lot of talk about that online. It looks like you've enjoyed rapid weight loss and I would love to hear if it's still working for you.

Thanks!
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I have been doing HMR since June 2012. I have lost 100lbs (but have spent the last 4 months in maintenance mode). I have just started core again ti try and shift the last 60lbs I have to go to my goal weight.

Message me if you are still looking for HMR friends on here.

Shona
  • AlisonM254
    Options
    Hi,

I also just recently started the HMR Decision Free diet and would love to have a group of friends online to share recipes and challenges. I'm on day 2 of the diet and my husband was very successful with it.

Friend or message me if you'd like some support!

Thanks,
    Alison
  • ferra11
    ferra11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 pounds last year doing HMR Healthy Solutions...Years ago I just did the shakes and lost 70 lbs. I am back on the program because it works and am doing Healthy Solutions again..it is tough to go from Healthy Solutions back to Decision Free. I got sick and was on prednisone for quite awhile and put on about 30 pounds. I just started doing the core again and am down 6 lbs. this week. I think it is wonderful and there are so many options you can make with the shakes and cereal...limitless!!! Even when I did it last year I never got sick of their food, especially the shakes and cereal are delicious! Please friend me...we can share stories!!!
  • StarrySkies10
    StarrySkies10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just started HMR, I haven't really lost anything yet, it seems a little slow going for me since I haven't been able to workout much during the day. So I started doing Biggest Loser Wii and Wii Fit Plus before work for only 10-15 minutes and I weighed myself on the Wii this morning and was surprised I actually lost a pound. I feel like I am struggling though, I am on HMR at home since the hospital that was doing it here in my town closed down, I started ordering it online. Anyone else having problems?
  • redhotbeads
    redhotbeads Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I start HMR Decision Free on Oct. 18 - I'm in a university weight-loss research program, so it's medically supervised. I would love to be in contact with anyone who is doing HMR ... I've never done anything like this before, it would be awesome to have other people to talk to. :)
    Kelly
  • LilButterfly09
    Options
    Hello, Fellow HMR-ites! My husband and I are on the HMR no decision plan. He did it about a year ago and lost over 100 lbs. He has another 60 to go and I'm already 7 lbs down towards my goal to also lose 60 lbs. I'd love to make new friends here on MFP to share stories support each other. Feel free to add me!

Rachel
  • JJ48Fan
    JJ48Fan Posts: 50
    Options
    Hello, I just started the HMR program today. I chose the Decision Free diet. I would love to know if how everyone is doing and if there is an active team on here? Thanks,
  • pluckykat
    pluckykat Posts: 80
    Options
    I’m new to MFP and am looking for anyone else who is doing the HMR program - either weight loss or maintenance. I lost 94.5 lbs on the Decision Free clinic program 12 years ago. I also did the maintenance program for 2 years. Unfortunately, the HMR program in my area shut down and over the years I've gained some (ok, a lot!) of the weight back. So, now I’m going it alone. I am looking for anyone else also doing HMR who may want to be friends and share support, inspiration and motivation.
  • gavinstef14
    Options
    Hi, I just started the HMR diet myself and am also looking for inspiration from others. I thought I could handle the decision free but found it very difficult with having two growing boys to feed every day. I found that when I am cooking for my boys to drink a shake slowly while I cook, This prevents me from snacking while I cook.

I have only been doing this for a week now but along with exercise I find myself stronger, knowing that if I make unhealthy decisions I will have to exercise more.

I'm so anctious to get on the scale, I hear about people getting such great results from this plan. Would love to hear of your results and how long it took you to get there.

How much exercise are you all doing? I'm averaging 2-5 mile walks a day with Jillian Michaels excercise videos. I feel like i exercise all the time.
  • HealthyAcademic
    HealthyAcademic Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    A little late to the game but wanted to say hello!

I was on HMR Decision Free for nine months and tracked in a little red book. Transitioned to Healthy Solutions two weeks ago and began tracking here. Am down 122lbs and am slowing down in the home stretch.

I also write a blog - HealthyAcademic.com - which is where I chronicled my journey and also posted HMR recipes.

Looking forward to hearing from many of you on how your journeys have been going!
  • annrowanjames
    Options
    Hey there fellow HMR people!

I am 9 weeks into the Healthy Solutions program and down 31 lbs! But I just started the MyFitnessPal thing - hoping it will help me to keep track of calories in/out a little better. My initial goal is to get down another 100, and then see what else I need to lose. It seems like a daunting task, but I know so many have had great success in this program. It's all about the support and staying creative with the food options.

My weekly group is great and my health educator is extremely supportive - it's a matter of having a cheering section everywhere you go!

Feel free to connect with me on here if you also want a cheering section!
  • etietyen
    etietyen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I started HMR...today! I have my first meeting here in a little bit and I thought i'd pop on MFP to see if there is anyone else out here who is on HMR or who has had success with it in the past. Please feel free to add me or point me to a discussion board for anyone on this program.

Thanks!
  • BossManIL
    BossManIL Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just started week 6 of the HMR Healthy Solutions program. I have been trying to look for a group for HMR but can't find a way to search Groups. Is there a group out there for people using HMR? If you are on the program and want a friend, please add me!
  • SmileyJonM
    SmileyJonM Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I too would love to network with other HMR participants. I lost 22 pounds during week 1 and 84 pounds by the end of 13 weeks phase 1. I just finished Phase 1 and I am going to to "Ongoing Phase1"... God has been keeping me strong on this program as I would have caved in by now if I was working from my own 'strength'.

In any case, enjoy your weekend and keep smiling. :)