NSV- Half Marathon

Options
bobbijodmb
bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
I completed my biggest NSV-- I ran a whole half marathon on Sunday. In November I couldn't even run a mile without stopping and now I ran 13 miles. And I completed my first half marathon in 2 hours and 17 minutes! It's easy to get caught up on what the scale says, but in that moment I could have cared less what the scale said, it was all about how physically strong I had become to be able to conquer such a feat that I never thought was possible =)

Such an emotional and euphoric feeling =)

Replies

• BrendaS03
    BrendaS03 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing accomplishment!! Well done :)
  • jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congratulations. Awesome accomplishment.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Awesome NSV!
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congratulations! You are inspiring-- I want to do the same thing sometime not too far off!
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You're super inspiring!!
    Fabulous!
  • fast_eddie_72
    fast_eddie_72 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I completed my biggest NSV-- I ran a whole half marathon on Sunday. In November I couldn't even run a mile without stopping and now I ran 13 miles. And I completed my first half marathon in 2 hours and 17 minutes! It's easy to get caught up on what the scale says, but in that moment I could have cared less what the scale said, it was all about how physically strong I had become to be able to conquer such a feat that I never thought was possible =)

Such an emotional and euphoric feeling =)

Wow!! That's fantastic! Congratulations. And a really solid time as well! Outstanding.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You. are. AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations, I'm envious of your ability to accomplish a half marathon. :) Rock star commitment to yourself.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I just did mine about 2 weeks ago and my time was 2:20:56.

Great job for you!!!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Very good! And an excellent time!

What's next?
  • bobbijodmb
    Options

What's next?

Doing my second half marathon in 3 weeks (just signed up last week) ha ha, another half in October.. any quite possibly a full marathon in the Spring next year.... but I think I may be crazy.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments =)
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Cheers to your great race experience!

Onwards and Upwards!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

What's next?

Doing my second half marathon in 3 weeks (just signed up last week) ha ha, another half in October.. any quite possibly a full marathon in the Spring next year.... but I think I may be crazy.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments =)

Crazy? Not by my standards. Good job and way to stay in it for the long haul.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    LIKE!!!!!!! awesome feeling, isn't it!

FWIW, it took me 6 months to do my 1st full after i did my 1st half- it just kinda rolled that way!

enjoy your achievement- you've done so well. think of how much healthier your body is now! and you can just rock out a half whenever you feel like it!
  • gemaquaries
    gemaquaries Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing! I hope I get there by this October. Im trying to aim for a full marathon by Oct 2015
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    You are amazing, that is so awesome :)
  • bobbijodmb
    Options
    Thanks everyone =) Such sweet comments!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!