Petite framed women 5'5" and under friends wanted!

Options

Replies

• jmortel1
    jmortel1 Posts: 8
    Options
    What a relief to find other petite ladies going through the same thing! I'm 4.10 and about 99lbs and definitely don't want to lose weight, but like most of you, want to burn fat and add muscle! I just started Body Beast (weight lifting program) and reduced cardio to 1x a week.

For those of you with a similar goal (lose fat, not 'weight') what are your caloric intake goals? I'm really struggling with figuring out if I should be eating at a deficit, maintenance or suplus.

Glad to finally find some support!
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    5'3"
    SW - 185
    CW - 107
    GW - 105
  • prettyBhaug
    Options
    Hi fellow Petites!

Losing is definitely a journey but I'm going. Mostly cardio and incorporating some strength training here and there. I have a huge head so my GW is probably larger than some, besides I don't want the skin and bones look.

5'1"

SW: 180+
    CW: 145
    GW: 125
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm a shorty like the rest of you!

I'm 5'4" and my husband refuses to believe it. He thinks I'm at least two inches shorter. :laugh:
    Original SW:178
    SW (This time around):148
    CW:127.8
    GW:125
    UGW:120-118

I was most comfortable at 125 and had the most confidence I'd ever had then. But then I gained a ****-ton of weight from my psychiatric medication and that screwed with my hormones so I have a tough time losing weight. I've been resilient for three+ years now and have not let my weight creep up past the 140s. I workout 5-6 times a week, depending on my college class days whether I'm too tired or not. I eat as well as I can with the poor budget my family has but we do our best. I eat everything in moderation and measure and weigh EVERYTHING. I spent my birthday money one year to buy myself a food scale and that was the best investment I ever made. Another year I spent my Christmas gift money from my grandparents on an elliptical. These have been the best investments I have made.

I log in every day and am trying to get back to the year long streak I had once long ago. Add me if you want. I'll try and be as encouraging as possible. I can also point you to good things on Pintrest to help with motivation. :smile:
  • CassandraBurgos83
    CassandraBurgos83 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Feel free for any of you to add me :)
  • kittykate1987
    Options
    feel free to add me :)

4 Foot 11 pushing size 16 and want to be back to my old size 10/12 days!
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm 5'3'' and have about 60 pounds to lose. I am a size 16 but want to get down to a size 12 and them fit loosely on me.
  • marysel928
    marysel928 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is a hard work out. I walk/run at 3% include and it gives me a good cardio. I could not see myself go to 10-15% incline and a 3.8 speed....
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 135 lbs. I'd be happy losing 5 or so lbs, because you're right it shows on us petite girls! Before I had my daughterl I was heavy lifting and I saw more results in 3 months than I did in 2+ years of doing cardio/light weights. Of course healthy eating is most important. I'm currently trying to get my eating habits back in control and start heavy lifting again. Feel free to add me peeps!
  • marysel928
    marysel928 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. I am 47, but 29 at heart.
    I am 5'4", and have been going to the gym since last October 2-3 times a week. I do a 30 minute core class workout twice a week and the threadmill or eliptical bike for 2-5 miles. I also horseback twice a week, training a horse wlk, trot, canter.
    here are my weights:
    SW: 132
    CW: 141
    GW: 128

My current weight has gone way up since working out. I did not eat anymore than before which are small portions, healthy foods (occasional saucy dishes) so I have no idea why I gained so much for working out. I know you gain muscle weight but almost ten pounds of it? I don't lift weights. I may have a little water gain. How do I get rid of that? I wil also try to cut wheat and breads.

I really want to go back down to 128, and have a flat stomach. Right now I can seem to be loosing that baby roll (had a child 21 yrs ago). That is mostly where the weight is at.
  • Jennwa
    Jennwa Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me as well :)
    I'm 30, 5'5" , CW:178
    I was at one time 210, dropped 62lbs to be at 148, but I was 'skinny fat'
    A surgery and horrible work schedule later I gained back 30lbs :(
    I haven't been very motivated until now to get this weight back off. I felt great at 148, but would love to push to GW;140
    I have just about every Jillian Michaels DVD she has and I have loved them all. I have only finished 30 Day Shred. I also like the Walk Away the Pounds videos.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hello feel free to add me!
    I am 5'3", not tiny YET. Started at 270, currently at 179.:drinker:
  • skinnyEmilijah
    skinnyEmilijah Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5'1" and currently around 138 lbs (haven't weighed in a little bit, though). My highest weight was 160 and I'm hoping to get down to 120-125. I was 125 earlier in the year, but stuff happens. Trying to get back on track :)
  • mikaylag89
    mikaylag89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", and maintaining, but whenever I've needed to lose weight in the past, it takes a long time. Tops I'd lose is 2 pounds a month.
    My favorite thing I've found is the fitbit. I wear it and aim for 10,000 steps a day. If I hit that goal, then I don't feel like I HAVE to work out, if I don't feel like it. It s a great motivator to keep me moving during the day.
    I have been trying since January to work out with weights 2-3 times a week because more muscle means less loss of bone density in later years. I know you're young and not thinking of that, but I'm over 40, so health is actually a bigger concern for me than six-pack abs. I'm just starting to detect some tightening and muscle definition in the last week, so keep in mind that with strength training, you might not see results right away.

I have been interested in trying a fitbit. Do you like it? Is it worth the money?
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    5'3"
    SW - 185
    CW- 107
    GW - 105

Feel free to add me :)
  • arf24_1
    arf24_1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5'4" and at 107lbs (goal is 106 and toned). I have a very small frame. I like Jillian Michaels DVDs, especially 6 week 6 pack and Ripped in 30.

Any ladies are free to add me as a friend! I am 34 and have 2 kids.
  • sweetandpetite
    Options
    Can I join too?
    I'm 4'10", 39 years old and weigh 125. Would like to lose about 25 pounds before vacation in the middle of June. I do push ups, crunches, planks, walk about a mile, and squats just about every day. Don't have anything to show for it, maybe I need to do more and break a sweat :) I could always go for some new friends ;)
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and CW 120.4. I started at 147 in Oct/Nov. I'm pretty much at my goal...maybe a few more to give myself a little leadway.
    I need to work on toning now....mostly my core/belly and arms! Feel free to add me :)
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", and maintaining, but whenever I've needed to lose weight in the past, it takes a long time. Tops I'd lose is 2 pounds a month.
    My favorite thing I've found is the fitbit. I wear it and aim for 10,000 steps a day. If I hit that goal, then I don't feel like I HAVE to work out, if I don't feel like it. It s a great motivator to keep me moving during the day.
    I have been trying since January to work out with weights 2-3 times a week because more muscle means less loss of bone density in later years. I know you're young and not thinking of that, but I'm over 40, so health is actually a bigger concern for me than six-pack abs. I'm just starting to detect some tightening and muscle definition in the last week, so keep in mind that with strength training, you might not see results right away.

I have been interested in trying a fitbit. Do you like it? Is it worth the money?

I also have a Fit Bit and LOVE it! Very much worth the money!!
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Yep. you have me here. I am just under 5'4". I maintained 110-115 for a really long time until my weight went up in late 2012 and in 2013. But this past fall it skyrocketed from the mid-120's to the mid-130's. I am now back down to 110-111 lbs, which I am much happier at. It is definitely easy to see weight gain when you are small like us!

Anyone else feel free to add me. I'm almost done and am transitioning into maintenance, but I still accept friends and plan on coming on here everyday still.