can i really do this?

Options
Hello, my Dr. Introduced me to this sight today & she showed me how to use it at my appt. I think that was cool & I'm hopeful. Who starts diet program Dec. 23.

Replies

• rai8759
    rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    doesn't matter when you start. it just matters that you've begun!! its a life style change so go girl!
  • StephieAmber
    Options
    I started December 13th and thought "Who starts in December" but I've lost 5lbs already...it's great and I'm TOTALLY motivated to keep on track during Xmas. So I think Dec 23 is a great day to start...welcome to MFP :)
  • Canonoch
    Canonoch Posts: 120
    Options
    Agreed. It matters that you begun your journey and It is a lifestyle change not a temporary get my fit diet. Keep in mind that just because you stumble doesn't mean you stop or have stopped. Just keep doing better the next meal or next day and keep doing better by you. Small changes gradually work better for a lot of people than drastic huge changes. Best wishes for your journey
  • ziggythecat
    ziggythecat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    started tracking what I eat a day or so after thanksgiving. entered the calories from the day before i started tracking and was shocked at how bad I'd gone over what I'm supposed to do. Ever since I've been under my goal. I don't deprive myself, I just make sure that I keep up with what i cram down the cake hole.

no day like today to start.
  • kimbot
    kimbot Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • itdawg
    Options
    Like ziggythecat, I began by eating what I had been eating and just recording it here on MFP... Oh, my! I was shocked to know what I was cramming down my "everything" hole!!!

So, last Friday, Dec 17th, I made a decision to cut out the "crap" and eat "responsibly"... Amazingly it has been quite easy to stay under my goal...

Plus, I am out of the stress of my office for the next 2 weeks, so the stress eating is not a factor... So, this may actually be a great time to begin a life altercation... Not a diet!!!

Good luck to us all!
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    The information and support on this site have been the main reason I've been successful in losing 37 pounds. There have been tough spots, but I learn from them and keep working at it. You definitely can do this!!! Good luck! :)
  • mylesmanuel
    Options
    I discovered this site Aug. 2010 by Dec. 2010 lost 30 lbs. already. Important to be diligent to inputting everything you eat. But your patience in doing so will pay off in the end. You will lose gradually but will be able to keep it off. Good luck! Remember...whether you think you can or you think you cannot...YOU'RE RIGHT!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it because t sounds so cliche', but If I can succeed at this ANYBODY can do it!
    The Food and Nutrition Trackers are the main Keys, in my opnion. Then it is the community itself and the Friends who will keep you motivated and accountable.
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP, and Good Luck!!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Hello, my Dr. Introduced me to this sight today & she showed me how to use it at my appt. I think that was cool & I'm hopeful. Who starts diet program Dec. 23.
    Anyday/Everyday is the perfect day to make healthier food choices and excercise!:tongue::drinker: Why wait??