Alternatives to Fitbit Force

Options
Hi, I'm sending my Fitbit Force back because I've gotten the infamous rash that everyone has been discussing. I'm considering purchasing a Flex as an alternative but I'm curious about what others are trying. Integration into MFP is a big asset in my view. Any advice? Thanks

Replies

• easjer
    easjer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I decided on a force exactly 5 hours before they recalled them and then couldn't get my hands on one, so I opted for a flex instead. It works well for me, and is water resistant, but it doesn't have the displays or altimeter. If those are important to you - opt for the fitbit one instead and clip it to your bra or a belt loop. I like the convenience of the wrist wear and am far less bothered by the lack of features than I anticipated. I'd recommend the flex.
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    I love my BodyMedia LINK band!! Calorie burns are accurate, connects flawlessly to MFP, and also has an app to connect via bluetooth to my phone.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    There's the jawbone Up, but it doesn't have a readout. It's roughly equivalent to the Fitbit flex. It kind of depends on how important that display is to you.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    The fitbit one is good. It clips on. Does most of what the force does except doesn't have an alarm.
  • meaganmna
    meaganmna Posts: 24
    Options
    I love the FitBit One. You can clip it to your pants or bra strap, and you don't have to worry about if you wear another watch (I used my Garmin ForeRunner at the gym). Plus, you can hide it out of sight :) They provide a wrist wrap for sleeping with it.
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I really want to stick to fitbit... I have the one.... But unless they bring out a better Force 2 then I'm switching to the Vivofit as soon as they bring out MFP intergration.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I don't have this bra strap everyone is talking about so I went with the Flex. I dig it. LIke people say, it just doesn't count stairs/floors climbed and doesn't have a watch. Other than that it's a good step/sleep tracker. The website is pretty easy to use too.
  • calihoya
    calihoya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I also got the rash. I've already pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy Fit because I have the S3 and I'm going to get the S5. If you don't have a Galaxy phone though, I don't know how useful it will be.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I love my BodyMedia LINK band!! Calorie burns are accurate, connects flawlessly to MFP, and also has an app to connect via bluetooth to my phone.
    According to who? lol

All these bands are merely estimates.

I have the Vivofit, but no MFP integration yet.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Sorry you got "the rash" (sounds like a horror film doesn't it?)

Fitbit has said they will come out with a replacement for the force (how soon I don't know).

I have the force, purchased a few weeks before the recall. I love it. No rash and worn it every day since mid February. I hope that is long enough to know I won't get "the rash". My skin can be sensitive, so I am a little surprised.

If it was me, I might wait to see the new and improved version before making a big purchase. Maybe just a cheapy pedometer in the meantime.
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex, and I like the integration.

It also has all these pretty colors! [/girlie]
  • Whitbomb1987
    Options
    The Fitbit One does have an alarm as well. You have to set it the same way you did for the force.

I still have my force. I don't have the rash, so I am not going to change, mainly because I don't know which I would get. Took me forever to decide on the force.
  • ThinkInOregon
    Options
    According to who? lol

All these bands are merely estimates.

I have the Vivofit, but no MFP integration yet.

Compared to multiple pulse spot-checking and calculating out my calorie burn for the same activity. For activities that I have done that comparison 3 times and received consistent similar results, I consider it to be accurate.

That's likely more checking/verification than the average person does.

And for the record, I can accurately take a pulse too. I am a Registered Nurse, and taking a pulse is not rocket science, lol.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Love my FitBit One!