Sweet Tooth recipes

Options
MVY_
MVY_ Posts: 253 Member
Hey all, I'm getting the sweet tooth cravings and I need sweets! I need recipes that are fast, quick, and yummy.

ie; mugcakes, chocolate balls...etc etc.

The only thing is that i need something that would benefit me in some way too. Calorie, sugar, and carb is low. Protein and fiber is high.

Replies

• gwensoul
    gwensoul Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt mixed with a bit of nutella or PB
  • losetogain95
    Options
    melt a small amount of brown sugar (adding a bit of cream is optional) and drizzle over a banana? Definite sweet hit, so don't use too much brown sugar though. A little definitely goes a long way :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite breakfast is French toast oatmeal... Mix one cup of milk, 1/2 cup instant oats, a tsp of vanilla extract and one egg, microwave for 3 minutes (need a pretty large bowl for this), then add some syrup. It's seriously delicious. About 400 calories and 20g protein (with real syrup, but not very low carb obviously).. but it's oatmeal, it's good for you!

I also love ricotta drizzled with honey on waffles and French toast... don't even need syrup and honestly I use less than a teaspoon of honey and it's enough. Even better with strawberries.

Otherwise I just love plain Greek yogurt with a packet of stevia and fresh strawberries (or any fruit really).
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    28 M&M's = 100 calories.
  • glassgallm
    glassgallm Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake minis....53 cal. each

8 oz nonfat plain Greek yogurt (I weighed it out on my food scale)
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1 teasp vanilla extract
    12 vanilla wafers.

Preheat oven to 325

Place a cupcake paper in each of 12 spaces of a muffin tin(s)

Place a vanilla wafer in the bottom of each cupcake paper.

In a medium bowl combine the yogurt, sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth. Spoon about 2 tablespoons batter on top of each vanilla wafer. Bake 25 min. cool and refrigerate.

other variations and some with a few more calories on this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1071601-does-anyone-want-another-cheesecake-recipe-87-calories I started off with the 87 cal recipe, but over time kept tweaking it to make lower calorie versions, so keep scrolling through the posts for other variations and flavors.
  • MVY_
    Options
    you are guys are awesome. I'm going shopping tonight! :)
  • miniimuscles
    miniimuscles Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bars
  • traceleann
    traceleann Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I usually get Danon light and fit greek yogurt (80 cal) and add 1 tbsp of dark chocolate chips (70 cal). I like either coconut or vanilla yogurt. Great for sweet cravings.
  • joeysfacts
    joeysfacts Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    The Simply Bar. It comes in Lemon Coconut, Chocolate Peanut and Chocolate Caramel.

160 calories
    16 g protein
    3 g sugar
    4 g Fibre
    16 g carbs

Very tasty. I get them from Costco
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

1/4 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1 teasp vanilla extract
    12 vanilla wafers.

Preheat oven to 325

In a medium bowl combine the yogurt, sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth. Spoon about 2 tablespoons batter on top of each vanilla wafer. Bake 25 min. cool and refrigerate.

other variations and some with a few more calories on this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1071601-does-anyone-want-another-cheesecake-recipe-87-calories I started off with the 87 cal recipe, but over time kept tweaking it to make lower calorie versions, so keep scrolling through the posts for other variations and flavors.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Love those cheesecake minis... but I eat the whole batch, lol.

These are good http://www.hungrylittlegirl.com/1/post/2012/08/mug-cheesecake-2-minutes-microwave.html too if you don't mind the torture of having to wait 2 hours for it to cool.
  • gloriaqzhao
    gloriaqzhao Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Banana Pudding:

1 frozen ripe banana (110 cal)
    2 table spoon of unsweetened coco powder (10 cal)
    1 brick of silk or firm tofu (180 cal)
    Vanilla soymilk 1/4 cup (20 cal)
    vanilla extract optional
    cinnamon powder optional

Just put everything in blender for 1 minute. You get a huge bowl of nice pudding. You can add more honey to satisfy your sweet craving, but for me this is good enough. This dessert is loaded with protein, calcium, no fat, no refined sugar, easy. Feel free to chill it in the fridge, or serve with a handful of berries.
  • judykritikos
    Options
    I peel a banana and freeze it in cellophane in the morning. At night, after I finish eating, I LOVE to end my meal with something sweet. If I eat the frozen banana - I'm full from dinner and the banana lets my pallate end on a sweet note.
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I also freeze banana chunks and whiz z them up into a smoothie with chocolate soy milk, or have them with ricotta and honey.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options

1/4 cup sugar
    1 egg
    1 teasp vanilla extract
    12 vanilla wafers.

Preheat oven to 325

looove this ;)
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    My favorite sweet treat tastes just like a milk shake (well, to me it does, lol!) It's a great chocolate/peanut butter fix!

2 scoops Low carb chocolate protein powder - The one I use only has 3 carbs in it
    1 Tablespoon of Smuckers All Natural peanut butter (tastes like a reeses!) - Only 3 carbs
    1 cup of unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk - Less than 1 carb
    4-5 ice cubes

And blend!! It's sooooo good!! It really does taste like a chocolate/peanut butter milk shake and my version only has 9 carbs and 60 grams of protein! Sometimes I only use one scoop of protein making it 3 carbs and 30 grams of protein.

My other favorite is banana pancakes! So easy:

2 egg whites
    1/2 banana
    sprinkle of cinnamon
    sprinkle of salt

And blend all together. It will make 2 -3 pancakes and I use Walden Farms sugar free syrup and it tastes sooo good! If you want to eat the entire banana, you could slice the other half and use it as a topping...

Great... now I'm hungry, lol!! :)

Enjoy! :)
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    1/6 th of a dark chocolate bar broken up with 1/4 cup walnuts. Yum - simple, easy, and healthy snack choice.
  • MVY_
    Options
    lol you guys are killing me here. Now I want to try everything! Thank you so much.
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump
  • erikarobles
    erikarobles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    So Waldon Farms has a chocolate sauce that I mix with unsweetened almond vanilla milk that will totally cure my sweet tooth. If I want a shake I just mix with ice and blend.....yummmmmy.