Recipe App Suggestions?

I'm looking for a recipe app (Android) that allows for inputting individually created recipes and seeing their nutritional information, pretty much like MFP allows for. I'm looking for one that just does that, not an overall calorie tracker/counter like MFP--just one for recipes. I've decided to stop tracking calories, because I've come to realize it hinders me mentally more than it helps, and at this point I'm moving away from weight loss and into building muscle. I still want to be able to keep a general estimate of my calories and macros to transition out of tracking, since I've been using MFP for so long, and because I do a lot of cooking and baking, generally with my own recipes, it's time consuming to calculate them manually.

So, essentially, I just want an app that will let me create my own recipes and, after plugging in the ingredients, see the nutritional information per serving. Does anyone know of anything like that? I've found a lot of recipe apps, but most don't tell nutritional info and those that do don't seem to allow for creating your own recipes.

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Why don't you just use that feature of MFP and ignore the diary/logging part? You don't have to use every feature of the MFP app.
  • kalic714
    kalic714 Posts: 6
    Yeah, I thought about that, but MFP is kind of glitchy of my phone. It loses recipes randomly and nothing seems to stop it. I've emailed them about it but nothing seems to permanently stop that from happening.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    I hear you. I find searching for recipes on my phone a giant PITA. that is definitely an area where MFP needs to improve!