30 Day Shred vs. Ripped in 30

Options
2»

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have thoughts / suggestions on estimating how many calories burned for 30 day shred level one - I weight 163. I've been estimating 250 but really have no clue if that is reasonable.

i burn anywhere from 160-220. i am 5.2 and 132 lbs.
  • faritaha
    faritaha Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you really want the best of both ripped and shred..
    try jillians extreme shed n shred... its amazingly uncomfortable n
    awesome work out. ..
    crazy circuit back to back of 6 mins. . Can do 30 mins of level 1 n level 2..
    It really works. . She gets u extremely shredded to d core..
    its body weight calisthenics which burns app 238cal or more for a 30min workout.
    I hope this info is good enough
  • mskraemerspeech
    mskraemerspeech Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love the 30ds so far! I'm on day 12, level 2. Some of the moves are super hard for me (I haven't exercised in a year previously) but I'm noticing minor results already! I ordered ri30 and can't wait to see my results after 60 days with Jillian :)
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I loved Ripped in 30. Its the same concept as 30DS but the exercises are harder. Im a Jillian fan for sure :smile:
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have thoughts / suggestions on estimating how many calories burned for 30 day shred level one - I weight 163. I've been estimating 250 but really have no clue if that is reasonable.

I saw this from an earlier poster

'Hi there, most peeps log it as 20 mins circuit training. If you need any support there is a group called 30 day shred January 2014 that I'm joined to. Here is the formula I use 3.267 x pounds / 3 = cals burned (there's not a great difference between logging it as 20 mins circuit training) '
  • Betty_Rubble
    Betty_Rubble Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am finishing 30 Day Shred this week, and starting Ripped on Monday! I've done a couple of the week one sessions, so I know what I'm getting into :)
  • beverlywesterby
    beverlywesterby Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've finished both and have now been alternating between them. I love the workouts and I sort of choose which one I feel like doing that day. They are both awesome and I love that I can get it done so quickly in the morning and be finished with it! I try to walk too when I can just to get some more cardio in.
  • rwieber
    rwieber Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I finished 30 DS and am planning on starting RI30 (haven't watched any of the DVD yet). Looking forward to a new routine....I hope to start either Saturday or Monday!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I hated RI30.. I found it boring and too easy. Didn't feel my muscles were worked like they had been doing 30DS and heavy lifting.
    Definitely recommend 30DS over RI30.. IMO the results are better.
  • brookfuller
    brookfuller Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I loved 30 DS it is how I started working out. I love how encouraging Jillian is. She made me feel that I could do it. In RI30 I felt Jillian was trying to make it harder and was not as encouraging. So I did not like it as much. I think it depends on the Jillian you want to work out with.
  • ladylaume
    ladylaume Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have the 30ds and I enjoy it very much I quiet the first time around but this time around ive stuck with it so far will try kick boxing after i think.
  • Supergirl9801
    Options
    I've tried several of her different routines and I'm going to try to stick with the RI30, but I do really like her kickboxing workout. It was super intense. It's 25 minutes too and available on youtube.
  • Supergirl9801
    Options
    It looks like there's quite a few that are starting the RI30....maybe we should get a group going?? I don't see any recent groups for it to join.
  • catinkpin
    catinkpin Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of doing RI30 - have done 30 day shred in the past. In my opinion RI30 is wayyy less tedious than 30 day shred (you don't have to spend so long on each level, there are 3 exercises per set rather than 2) but it is harder. I think I lost more inches on 30 day shred but I feel stronger from doing RI30 so it's better to do them in that sequence. The ab exercises in particular I find to be much more challenging in RI30 than the shred.