The struggle is real y'all...

Options
BuckTheBMI
BuckTheBMI Posts: 106 Member
My co-workers are unwittingly trying to sabotage my lifestyle changes! I have started asking why no one ever brings in a veggie tray... although now that I think about it before I would have made fun of the guy/girl who brought in a veggie tray!

rsa2.jpg

Replies

• ejtj1234
    ejtj1234 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Looks so good tho lol!
  • BuckTheBMI
    Options
    Looks so good tho lol!

I know :( This also doesn't show the cookies and brownies that my boss brought into our meeting this afternoon. This right here is just the 'grazing table.'
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My work brings in donuts a lot, I can resist those. What I can't resist, is when Jimmy Johns from down the street brings in their sampler tray. Love Jimmy Johns sandwiches
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Yah that happens at my work all the time too...

I bring in the veggie/fruit tray now or I take partial servings and forgo a treat in the evening.
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    My coworkers do this, too. I just tell them, "Don't let me hear you all complain about how you guys aren't losing weight next week, because I don't want to hear it." As I eat my baby carrots and smile. :flowerforyou:
  • kharral86
    kharral86 Posts: 63
    Options
    I know the struggle.. i have 5 kids and a husband who never gains a pound. My house is full of snacks and the most unhealthy things you could imagine. Self control is hard and took me a bit to learn. One of things that keeps me going is how much better i feel about myself :)
  • JulieE1002
    JulieE1002 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Looks like the lunchroom at my work too! The worst is when they order in pizza - I sit just outside the kitchen and the smell just kills me! I have to leave on those days. :)
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Be the one to start the trend!!!! My co-worker inspired me to make the change, and we have held each other accountable at work. Now more co-workers have turned to MFP, so the healthier attitude is spreading and making it even easier. There are still those that bring in sweets and other goodies, and taunt me (al beit innocent taunting)... but lately I pride myself on walking away from the goodies and staying strong. That doesn't mean that I dont want to pounce them...but I restrain myself and save the workout for the gym ;P
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    That would definately be tough to resist. I love Panera! I guess if I really wanted one, I would try and be happy with half a bagel. Or go in the corner and pout.
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Welcome to my world. There is birthday cake 20 feet away from me.... :sad:
  • Shell_1384
    Shell_1384 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    One of my coworkers brought 2 big trays of brownies last week. And today is free pizza for students (I work in a college) so I can smell cheese and pepperoni that is 30 feet away from my desk. I feel your pain!!
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Looks so good tho lol!

I know :( This also doesn't show the cookies and brownies that my boss brought into our meeting this afternoon. This right here is just the 'grazing table.'

Just remember that grazing is for cows. And who wants to look like a cow? :p
  • BuckTheBMI
    Options
    I am at the pouting in the corner (my cube) phase ptsmiles!
  • Harrisonsauntie2005
    Harrisonsauntie2005 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Do it.
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Ha...and by the by, my hubby was eating a roll and mashed potatos and stuffing in front of my face yesterday...all full of carbs and currently a no no on my "diet". I didn't realize that I was staring at the roll as he was eating it.....he said I was oogling it like it was the sexiest thing in the world. HA HA....it was, but I still maintained. Almost treated myself to a vodka a diet, but was too tired!
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Darlin'......the answer is obvious...................ubringsdaveg!
  • cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I work in a Country Club where the kitchen is right around the corner from my desk. I started bringing my lunch and staying out of the kitchen...where the cookies are! It helps to bring my own lunch :)
  • phantasmagical
    phantasmagical Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    There are advantages to living in the sticks, without access to yummy things like Panera or Krispy Kreme...all I have to contend with are my boss's crazy-delicious chocolate brandy bombs and the occasional birthday cake.
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Darlin'......the answer is obvious...................ubringsdaveg!

Exactly.

My question: last week I was going to take donuts or bagels to work for my crew, but I knew I'd end up eating them as well, so I thought I'd get something "healthy". Only problem was I didn't want to be the guy that brings in a veggie tray... so what kind of options are there somewhere in the middle between donuts and celery?
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    the bagels is nothing now the doughnuts on the side op a bit of prob :p and idk whats in that bag of food on the side maybe a greasy fat filled mess in the inside hahaha