Treats come back to haunt me!...

jordy89x
jordy89x Posts: 22 Member
Decided to go to the cinema two days ago and while there I indulged in some popcorn and sweets (as you do) :wink: hadn't had any in ages so I said what the heck! The next day I looked at the scales and was pleasently suprised when my weight hadn't increased. So, I thought nothing of it, exercised, ate well went about my day without a bother. That is until this morning, after doing everything I was supposed to yesterday I had put on a pound today :huh: Just when I though I had escaped! It's not the first time that happened either, since I started the diet changes I ate crap on two other occasions and both times they skipped a day and then boom! Up the scale we go! I wonder is it just me or does this happen to anyone else?

Replies

• This always happens to me! 2 weeks ago i had a party obvy you drink and drinks r very high in sugars and cals! Ididnt put NO weight on the next day but later on in the week (i never changed my roubtine it was still the same) and i put on 4pound! Its crazy and now im tryna lose it again!
  • jordy89x
    It's so frustrating then when you put on the weight after you actually do everything right! Sneaky calories grrr :mad:
  • toronto_j
    toronto_j Posts: 206 Member
    You couldn't have gained a pound of fat in 2 days. Weight fluctuates constantly throughout the day, and from day to day. Best to refrain and weigh yourself once a week (or less), in the same place, on the same scale, under the same conditions.

Also the salt in popcorn is likely causing you to retain water.
  • jordy89x
    Yeah people have said that to me before but my curiosity gets the better of me! Never knew that about popcorn, thanks that might have something to do with it
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    When I was going to weight watchers the leader told me that when you eat like that it doesn't show up for at least two days.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    If natural weight fluctuations are going to bother you then you might want to consider not weighing yourself every day.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,064 Member
    Movie theatre popcorn is loaded with salt, what do you expect?
  • jordy89x

Yes I obviously expected it to have a bad effect, that's why I was suprised to see no change the next day! Was only wondering if it was just me or is it the case with other people that if they have a cheat day does it skip a day also!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,064 Member

Yes I obviously expected it to have a bad effect, that's why I was suprised to see no change the next day! Was only wondering if it was just me or is it the case with other people that if they have a cheat day does it skip a day also!

My weight is always up and down a pound. Being female especially does this.

I wouldn't worry about it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    LOL...yeah, it's not fat...the human body doesn't work that way. Daily natural fluctuations can be 3-5 Lbs either way of your average which is why singular weigh in data points are meaningless...you have to track those data points as a trend.

1 Lb could just be some water retention or a little more waste in your system than your last weigh in...you don't put on a Lb of fat overnight or over a weekend or whatever...it just doesn't work that way.
  • rak173
    rak173 Posts: 105 Member
    I have had the same experience. I splurged a little this weekend and on Monday, the scale was looking good! But on Tuesday....there it was! Will probably weigh in tomorrow morning and see if there was truly any damage.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Your body goes through a lot of changes and the scale doesn't capture it. All the scale does is give off a number. It doesn't break it down so you could understand the happenings of your body. This is the reason tracking all of your activities is so important. If done accurately, the data gives far more useful information than the scale.