Go to snacks for a sweet craving?

Options
13»

Replies

• StephyA86
    StephyA86 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I really dig cocoa roasted almonds. Also, frozen grapes.

I try to stay away from diet food sweets like fiberone brownies...while it "kind of" tastes like a brownie..it isn't enough for my body to be like "yep, that was totally satisfying, I'm done craving brownies."
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    My cravings tend to be pretty specific (usually chocolate related) and if I don't actually give myself what I'm craving then I'll just keep eating substitutes until I eventually give in. Since I'd eat more until succumbing to my craving I tend to just indulge in a small portion of what I'm craving and save myself the calories.

On the odd chance that I just feel like something sweet then I love to have watermelon and pineapple! So yummy!
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Quest bars.

^^This! If you have the calories available well worth it for the protein and fiber

For just a little treat a small piece of dark chocolate live Dove or Lindt 40-55 calories.
  • msbeeblebrox
    msbeeblebrox Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Dried mango is my favorite go to.
  • brminor
    brminor Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Strawberries, or any kind of fruit do it for me!
  • pattycakes80
    pattycakes80 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i had been dying for apple pie and ice-cream. last night i just cored and sliced an apple, added a little butter and cinnamon and baked them. with one serving size of of slow-churned vanilla ice cream, the snack was about 250 cals.

this prevents me from an actual apple pie binge in the near future.

and it hit the mother lovin' spot.
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Strawberries....even add some whipped cream
    Angel Food Cake with a drizzle of Hershey's sauce and dab of whipped cream
    Vanilla Greek Yogurt with a 1/2 Tbsp of mini chocolate chips
    Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Covered Almonds with Sea Salt and Turbinado Sugar (my obsession, lol)
    Ghiardelli Sea Salt Soiree if I'm out of the above.

None of these will kill your calorie allowance and all are yummy!
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Chocolate bar, Snickers or French vanilla capp. Frozen yorgurt
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lavendy17
    lavendy17 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    If avoid added sugar but eat a lot of sweet fruits you will not have sugar cravings.

Melon
    Mango
    Orange
    Tangerine
    Grapes
    Lychee

Helps to have fruit with a protein like yogurt or nuts so you don't get a sugar spike.

I would also look up glycemic index to see which fruit are too high in sugar (watermelon and grape are examples), and never eat them by themselves.
  • mgibbons22
    mgibbons22 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Chocolate flavored (not coated!) almonds. They have cinnamon, too.
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Frozen raspberries

Chocolate milk (using the Nesquik powder) It's still 150 calories or so (I take mine weaker than most) but far better than a Snickers. When it's cold I go for low cal hot chocolate instead.

Dark chocolate covered cranberries. Delicious but hard to keep portions small once the bag is open!
  • klyn7788
    klyn7788 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Dole makes frozen chocolate covered fruits (strawberries and bananas) that are delicious and pre-portioned to into 60 calorie packs. We keep them in the freezer at work and they've become everyone's go-to treat after lunch or in lieu of donuts when they show up. You could certainly make your own but these are great to grab last minute.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Cocoa roast almonds are my go to.

Second would be peanut butter mixed with maple syrup. Sometimes I eat this with bread, sometimes I mix in dry rolled oats, and sometimes I just eat it with a spoon.

Occasionally I will make cinnamon toast (wholemeal toast with melted butter and a mix of sugar and cinnamon sprinkled on) or toast with honey.
  • 16griffin
    16griffin Posts: 20
    Options
    bump