a "Feel Good" NSV

Options
KellySue67
KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
I saw someone yesterday that I probably haven't seen in at least a year, maybe more. She couldn't believe that I had changed so much- of couse a weight loss of almost 90lbs will do that to a person. Any how, her first question to me, or actually not really a question, more of a statement was "Oh, you had lap band surgery". I was very pleased to say to her that I had not had surgery and that I had done this with diet and exercise alone. She was quite surprised! Just made me feel good to know that my efforts are definitely paying off and I can say that this has been a road of learning to eat, not only correct portions, but better and to get my butt moving more.

** Please don't misunderstand me. I am not against anyone having surgery as a way to lose weight, but it was not the way that I wanted to do it. I felt that I could do it without that and have heard of some horror stories from people who have had it done, or have seen some that have had the surgery only to regain a significant amount of the weight that they lost because they did not learn the fundamentals of portion control. If you have had or are thinking of having the surgery, that is something that is your choice and if it is what works for you then by all means, do it. It just wasn't for me.

Replies

• Yilsip
    Yilsip Posts: 50
    Options
    Great job Kelly, it is amazing how hard work and dedication will pay off. Cheers to you!
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    You should definitely be proud of what you've accomplished!
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yay for you Kelly! Eat less, move more is a lesson that most of us had to learn on this journey! My most recent NSV was accidentally buying a size 5 shorts I thought were cute and they turned out to be in the juniors section! They fit! lol

I also learned that I cannot eat maint or I gain weight! lol Sooooo Here I am leaning things out to bust out those last few lbs and that unfriendly area of muffin top that is resistant to all exercise it seems!

Keep up the inspiring work! :flowerforyou:
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    You have my full support woman! Cheers for not getting the surgery and I also have nothing against those who get it done a recent friend that split from me for other reasons had it done and she is in her 30's! So good on you we need a new pic hey hey?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!