Gym during lunch hour...,

Options
How many of you go to the gym during lunch hour on limited time? Is it worth it? Seeing any progress? Do you usually do cardio or weights?

Thanks just seeing what other people think of it and what they do during such a limited time....

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Yep. My hospital has a small gym for employees and volunteers. I usually do about 15 minutes 3-4 days a week, of strength training on my 30 minute lunch, and I walk on my shorter 15 minute breaks.
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I will occasionally go to the gym during lunch hour, but I prefer after work when I can take my time. I can get a few miles in on the treadmill (or outside) but some days I feel great and want to go further, but don't have time.

However, when I do HIIT--my version is only about 30 min--I do prefer to do it over lunch because I still have time to shower, change and head back to work.

Personally, I would not have time to do my desired lifting routines over lunch, so I do strength training after work. In essence, I've found that for my routines, I prefer to only do cardio over lunch.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    i walk 2.5 miles during my lunch our.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I go almost everyday during lunch. I belong to the gym just down the street from work. I do cardio and circut training on alternate days for 30 mins. That leaves me enough time to change and shower before I head back to work. I lost 30 lbs last year with that routine.
    KB
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I run 4km during my lunch. My boss allows me to eat lunch at my desk as long as we don't have clients around. I always try to eat something that is inconspicuous. Any form of activity is better than no form of activity. Walking is also great.
  • tripletmom2004
    tripletmom2004 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies!! going to do it- anything is better than nothing!! LOL
  • anasantos61
    anasantos61 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I walk close to 3 miles during my lunch time.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    My company has a gym right downstairs from my office!! I walk at a decent incline and speed for 52 minutes, which allows me time to clean up before returning to work. I'd love to get a run in but I get far too sweaty :( During my "smoke breaks" I go down and do a couple circuits on the weight machines. It is nice to get my workout done and have my evenings to myself. Though I still walk the dog and go for runs on some nights :) It sure beats just sitting around for an hour!!!
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I have the luxury of having a gym at work right downstairs so I take advantage of the hour. 5 min to walk down, 5 min to change, 40 min workout (either a run or strength training or HIIT class), 5 min quickie shower, 5 min change and back to work = total time of 1+ hour.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym on my lunch break Mon-Fri. I lift weights on Mon-Wed-Fri and get in some accessory lifts and cardio on Tues-Thurs. I've seen real progress.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've got a small gym at my office too which makes it much easier to fit in. I take an hour, go down and change quickly, workout for 40-45 minutes then take a quick shower and change back to work clothes. I mostly do cardio but try to do weights or circuit training twice a week. The only drawback is equipment and space is somewhat limited so I can't always do what I have planned but I'm pretty flexible. I also sometimes will use our stairway to get a workout.

This time of year, once it starts getting warmer but is cool enough so I don't get too sweaty, I don't have to change into workout gear so I can get a 45-60 min walk. Love it!

Just wanted to add - remember exercising is just part of the weight loss equation. You need to also make sure you log your food accurately and consistently.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I just did this today. Walked 10 min. to the gym, 20 min. on bike, 10 min. back to work. That's about as strenuous as I like to do on a lunch break!