i need some encouragement...

Options
I've struggled with my weight and body image for a very long time and this past year it has gotten worse. I lost 30 pounds at one point, then gained 15 back. I'm pretty sure I am a binge eater and even when I tell myself not to, I do it anyway and regret it immediately. I just can't seem to stop. I have the exercising down pat, it's just the eating that I struggle with. I just want to be healthy and feel comfortable with myself. Does anyone have any tips of advice to help me?

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    For the best advice, please tell us your height and weight and how many calories you aim to eat each day.
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Also - what kind of foods do you typically eat? Sometimes a certain food might be a trigger for binging. Also, when you get the urge to binge, start trying to see what is "eating" you -- are you stressed, upset, sad, etc., Once you know your triggers (or some of them), you can begin to find alternate ways to deal with them.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    i suggest a meal plan... and food preparation! having go to food ready prevents binging on lets just say... wheat thins.. haha
  • twalker5952
    twalker5952 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can recommend a great book faith based book that has helped me. Its called Made to Crave.

Perhaps developing a eating plan with preplanned meals and snacks. Since your successful following an exercise routine perhaps planning out your eating will help you manage it.
  • kdrahms2593
    kdrahms2593 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8, i weigh 176 pounds and I aim to eat around 1500 a day.
  • kdrahms2593
    Options
    Thank you so much! i will definitely have to look into that book!
  • kdrahms2593
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for your advice! I always try to sit and think what is really bothering me but the impulsiveness just takes over and I feel uncontrollable. And i actually have tried the meal plan and it worked really well until i stopped. I'm going to try it again.
  • scuttlez
    scuttlez Posts: 51
    Options
    I feel you, girl! I'm getting better control. I haven't done any binge eating in three weeks. It's hard. Id just suggest maybe removing any bad foods you binge on out of your house, if any at all. Try replacing it with low calorie foods at first. Don't think about it too much. What helps me is when I feel the need to just snack for no reason, I'll get up and do something.... Clean, organize, meditate, pilates, yoga, walk, anything to avert the thought!
  • 1swolpanda
    1swolpanda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    well i sent u a request, im here to help ya and be some motivation i guess, i know how it is because of my own journey through my weight loss, which i am still going through, and i will do whatever i can to help ya out
  • kdrahms2593
    Options
    Thank you guys! I don't buy junk food, but when I Have my cravings i'll walk myself to the rite aid across from my apartment and go crazy. It makes me feel so much better that I am not the only one!