Insanity motivation

Options
Ok, so I've taken the plunge, brought insanity and am really not sure. I'm deffinetly not in the best of shape, i thought I hadn't done too badly on the fit test results even though it felt like I only just made it to the end and then Was bitterly disapointed when they announced there 'scores'.

Can someone please tell me that they, as a real person has achieved results on this program?

Replies

• mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Insanity was the first thing I did once I decided to stop being lazy and workout again.

It kicked my *kitten*. I was so out of shape, but I stuck with it and did what I personally could do.

I didn't notice a whole lot of weight come off, but I know it was the kickstart I needed.

It's a good workout so I definitely think you should give it a shot. But remember the people in the video are fitness instructors ... you can take rests. You don't have to do 100 squats in a minute. Go at your own pace and try to challenge yourself.

Also...make sure you get enough protein per day. 1 lb per lb of lean body mass. It will really help the fat burn and the muscles to stay!
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I did it, and it works. HOWEVER... it's plyo which means you'll be building muscle, not necessary losing weight. Now, I DID lose about 15 lbs...

I'm trying it again 1/2 time along with weights, so Insanity is my cardio. But it is no joke. It is a real workout. But, I always feel great afterwards. TIRED, but great. i know that it pushes me. I know that is challenges me. I've done body combat (and love it) and some other stuff, but don't feel like I pushed myself like I did with Insanity.
  • msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    You can check out my blog if it helps... I did this during my first set of Insanity.

http://allensinsanejourney.blogspot.com
  • muirma
    muirma Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, gonna keep going, just once I can feel my legs again!