The struggle is real y'all...

Options

Replies

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Regular glazed and chocolate glazed. Bear claws and cinnamon buns. Double chocolate muffins. Berry cream cheese muffins. Lemon poppy seed muffins. My biggest struggle....which one do I choose? :cry:
  • BuckTheBMI
    BuckTheBMI Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Darlin'......the answer is obvious...................ubringsdaveg!

Exactly.

My question: last week I was going to take donuts or bagels to work for my crew, but I knew I'd end up eating them as well, so I thought I'd get something "healthy". Only problem was I didn't want to be the guy that brings in a veggie tray... so what kind of options are there somewhere in the middle between donuts and celery?

What about a fruit/cheese/cracker tray?
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    3_Lil_Birds, your office is a den of sin :devil:
  • Elvirka_xoxo
    Elvirka_xoxo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    My office always provide full breakfast on Fridays and it's mostly donuts, bagels, and muffins. They're killing me!!!!
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Options
    I work nights in a hospital so the food is always there, we'll celebrate anything. I've gotten better at not eating a lot or much of the stuff I don't want to log. Right now we're starting a new computer system that's intensive and the hospital is making these goody boxes of sugar in all sorts of things. I've been able to not eat any of it, except for two of those larger individually wrapped Life Savers. Last night we also ordered from a nearby place called Insomnia Cookies - :yawn: they make and delivery freshly baked cookies and deliver late night till 3 AM . I bought one. Not six or eight, just one. This is the second time I've been there for that and the first time I chuckled when I found many of the varieties here in the database. Those are so worth it and for me to only get one is a big change.
  • MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options

Exactly.

My question: last week I was going to take donuts or bagels to work for my crew, but I knew I'd end up eating them as well, so I thought I'd get something "healthy". Only problem was I didn't want to be the guy that brings in a veggie tray... so what kind of options are there somewhere in the middle between donuts and celery?

One of my favorite treats that can be office friend is Taco Dip...use reduced or fat free ingredients (and the taco seasoning helps cover that) complete with veggies on top. Offer if with some corn chips, and maybe some additional veggies (i love to dip celery or cucumbers in this)
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I love it when donut day gets replaced by fresh fruit day! I may be the only one...but....yum!
  • suejoker
    suejoker Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    This is why, for the most part, I prefer to be self-employed! LOL! The truth is that the high fat, high carb, sugary food will always be out there in the world. What I've noticed is that when I'm eating tasty, nutrient dense food most of the time and I indulge in one of the more indulgent, mainstream foods, my body rebels. It takes about 2 weeks for this effect to kick in. That helps me a lot.
  • Thatsdatdiva601
    Thatsdatdiva601 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My office does the same crap...I always give in :(
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    My office has catered lunches almost daily from pharmacy reps . . . I've learned to either eat in moderation or say no. Because I'm an adult and can do that. It's really not much of a struggle.
  • pattycakes80
    pattycakes80 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    sort of rude that they didn't provide any sausage to make a krispy kreme breakfast sandwich out of.

you work with some truly inconsiderate people. :wink:
  • RomulanWarbird
    Options
    I hate that! My old work used to do that all the time. But at some point you can just eat what you want then work it off anyway, as long as your meeting your net deficit.
  • oOoNICKIoOo
    oOoNICKIoOo Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yupppp... My office did the same thing today. One of our vendors stopped by and brought doughnuts! I managed to have willpower though and didn't eat any :)
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Story of my life!! They are CONSTANTLY eating at my job!! I usually try to keep some healthy snacks in my desk so I can pull them out when they are eating their stuff...Hang in there! :drinker:
  • DannyBoy863
    DannyBoy863 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What I wouldn't give for a Krispy Kreme right now. I think even looking at the picture added 100 calories. :)
  • Straitlover1965
    Straitlover1965 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    We're having an Easter party next week. We got to vote on the food, pizza or subs. Everyone except me voted for pizza. :(

If it was good pizza, I'd be OK w/ one slice and bring my own salad, but they always get Dominoes - blech!
  • BuckTheBMI
    BuckTheBMI Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My office has catered lunches almost daily from pharmacy reps . . . I've learned to either eat in moderation or say no. Because I'm an adult and can do that. It's really not much of a struggle.

Well I wish I was as grown up as you :tongue:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Exactly.

What about a fruit/cheese/cracker tray?

Except bagels and donuts aren't unhealthy. The amount of calories in something doesn't make it healthy or unhealthy.

But overall, if you aren't "pleased" with the choices then maybe bring your own stuff...whether a tray to share with others or to eat by yourself.

ETA:

QFT
  • maryv83
    maryv83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Your office looks a lot like my office. There's always cookies, candies, sweets, carbs galore in the break room. It's so tempting, but you have to find the will power somewhere. If our manager brings in sweets for a meeting, I usually know ahead of time so I am able to bring in healthier options for myself - boiled eggs, fruits, etc.

Eh... let people make fun of me, but I will be one that's not crashing later because of the sugar.
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I just say "never on a week day" and don't have any. I prefer to keep unscheduled treats for the w/e when I can relax and enjoy food with Hubby.

I have "junk" every day, but only what I planned in the night before and never stuff brought in "just because it's there", is there a worse reason to eat?!

Food isn't going anywhere, it'll ALWAYS be there when you WANT it so no need to eat it just because......