Help sore knees!

Options
moxy28
moxy28 Posts: 103 Member
Does anyone have any tips to help knees that are sore and achy from exercise?

Replies

• msthang444
    msthang444 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Depends on what kind of exercise. If you're running, and you're just beginning, it will get better!!!! I used to have to take advil before and after my long runs.

If it's jumping type... that one is harder. my knees still hurt on occasion.
  • wannaBrunnner81
    wannaBrunnner81 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Really cant elaborate without knowing more about what type of exercise you are doing. As a former sufferer from knee pain there are lots of causes and remedies.
  • Reggielost
    Reggielost Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had achy knees for years and I had them x-rayed a few weeks ago. Nothing wrong was found. Since then, I have been doing leg curls and leg extensions with moderate weight prior to cycling, elliptical and treadmill and my knees do not bother me anymore.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    i don't know what type of exercise you're doing. But what I noticed is that wearing correct type of shoe while exercising is very important. I am doing T25 and I used to wear running shoes- becuase those were the only shoes that i had. After awhile I started noticing lots of tension/pain in my knees from all the plyo and squats, lunges. I bough cross trainers, and the pain is gone.
  • Parimositabloo
    Parimositabloo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Check these out:
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=363#_a5y_p=1238629

I have knee injuries and these have helped me, since i can't do a lot of high impact exercises yet.
  • Eric_DeCastro
    Eric_DeCastro Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    ice packs. I iced my knees and quads last night just to make sure I can run today.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any tips to help knees that are sore and achy from exercise?

Sore knees can be from doing an exercise with improper form, pay closer attention to form.....as mentioned supportive footwear helps too.

Sore knees can be from generally weak knees, there are exercises that help strengthen the knees. Look for re-hab type stuff.

Sore knees can be from doing high impact, many people (not all) can work up to this. I do higher impact just occasionally (over 50).

Proper stretching may also help.
  • moxy28
    moxy28 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba, T25, and weight lifting. In the past year I have been very lazy, so its probably weak knees. And Im working on my form, getting used to moving all this extra weight like I used to is for sure WORK! LOL! Thanks for all the tips I will work these in!